How's This Sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's This Sound?

I finally had an opportunity to really test my car after my header and exhaust install. I only got a really good test once though, and the start was pretty bad.

I topped second out at 50 and was at about 55 when I got in third, and third about topped out at 80. I couldn't do much more than that, which kinda sucked. I estimate my 0-60 to be around 7 seconds.

My car is a 94 3.4 M5. I have a CAI, headers, and a 3 inch Dynomax Bullet exhaust (no cat). I'm just really learning how the car handles now. I haven't shifted above 5000, but it feels like it cuts off around there instead of about 4700 like it did before.

I have all of the parts I need for the 3400 top end conversion and a pretty hot cam in my garage, but no time or money yet to put it on. Hopefully though it'll get done soon. I also have a Megasquirt assembled, but I suck at electronics so I keep putting it off. :poke:

So, based on other members' cars on here, how does it sound? Compared to 3.4s and 3.8s? I've been thinking of just buying a 3.8, but it'd be cheaper to do the 3400 swap. Any advice?

Re: How's This Sound?

wat kinda headers did u put........and let us hear itttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

0-60 in 7 sounds more than great to me.

I think my 3.4 is 20 or 30 seconds in the 0-60 :)

Have you dynoed it ?

Comment

I have the RK Sport headers on it. If I can find a good camera I'll get a video of it. Personally I think it sounds great. Its really deep and rumbly at idle and up until about 3000 RPM. After that it truly sounds like a mix of a V8 and a 4 banger. At 5000 RPM all I hear is a loud fuzz lol. Its cool because I've never heard another car like it. :cool: And no, no dyno. :(

Comment

So can anyone post their similar numbers? I'm curious as to how my car compares to others, especially the 3.8s.

Comment

When you do the megasquirt let us know what that does to your overall performance. I want to get one but im not sure if it is worth it.

Comment

3.4 0-60 in 7? with those mods? From a dead stop? Are you reving it up b4 you shift into 1st or are you in first @ idle and just put it to the floor?
              1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
              - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

I'm just estimating, but I'm pretty sure its around there. For that run, the start wasn't the best but it was alright. I revved it up to about 3000 and dropped the clutch, but I didn't give it full throttle yet becuase the wheel spins too much on the dirty road. After it hooked I gave it full throttle, it was just the start that I couldn't give it open throttle.

I want to run again sometime soon and maybe bring a camera or pay more attention, but my car seems to be running bad for some reason. I think its the IAC or some sensor because the throttle gets stuck sometimes at 1200-1500, and today at idle it was going up and down. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

to much fuel, sparkplugs, spark plug wires, could be anyof these cuz its happened to me. lol just keep on the matinence part of the car and not just dropping it in drive and tearing your car apart
                  1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                  - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    4 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X