This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbonator

I realize this is an overpriced piece of metal that may even restrict air flow (it goes in the rubber tube leading to the air plenum) but does the concept make any sense at all? the fact that "spiraling" air is better for power ?

I'm just curious.
    this is from turbonators website:

How does it work?
    The Turbonator’s airflow dynamic is designed to improve your vehicle’s air intake system by creating a more efficient airflow path throughout the intake hose. As air travels through an intake it bounces around bends and elbows in the hose causing it to slow down. Spinning air can be less susceptible to these abrupt changes in direction.
    Once this redirected air reaches the engine, it can produce a swirling, fast burn effect in the combustion chamber to create finer particles of atomized fuel, allowing better flame propagation and more complete combustion. Swirling air has longer residence time with fuel than flat air. Since the air spins through the fuel rather than just shooting through in a straight line, it spends more time mixing with the gasoline in your engine.

So does that make any sense at all?

Re: Turbonator

i can take a **** in a can and make up a whole bunch of crap reasons as to how it will cure cancer, would you buy it?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
      i can take a **** in a can and make up a whole bunch of crap reasons as to how it will cure cancer, would you buy it?

i'm not saying anyone is gonna buy it. I'm just questioning the science behind what they say.

Comment

someone should make a "how turbonators dont do squat" sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
          someone should make a "how turbonators dont do squat" sticky.
          rofl, can u explain it then?

Comment

i could understand that "spinning air" might help, but i beleive almost all newer cars do not have a straight path to the throttle body let alone the accual cylinder, by the time the air even gets to the throttle body is not going to have much "spin" left. on top of all that from what i have read on these things, newer cars dont take well to "spinning" air. all the thing is going to do is restrict air-flow. you would see better results with a leaf blower supercharger :rock:

Comment

very good points, the 3.4 rubber tube does a 45 degree turn into the plenum and then two more 45 degree turns i believe before getting to the combustion chamber.....

Comment

it's all swill designed to woo those who don't have a clue how their car works. There's no factual basis in anything they say, regardless of if it did work or not

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                  it's all swill designed to woo those who don't have a clue how their car works. There's no factual basis in anything they say, regardless of if it did work or not

so spiraling air doesnt do jack ****?

Comment

nope, espcially in the intake of any car.

Comment

case closed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X