EGR leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR leak

I installed a set of pacesetter headers a few months ago and i have been fighting with the egr connecton eversince. the gasket included in the set lasted about a day. after that i have been trying to seal it up with red high-temp silicone gasket maker. the metal tube from the egr valve base fits into the headers fine but i cant get it to seal around the top. any suggestions???

Re: EGR leak

i had the same prob just like most of us i got a egr simulater its a complete
    delete go to zzp.com search egr sim it worked for me im very happy with it
    good luck

Comment

I have the EXACT same problem...i have made the part to fit exactly with the header, but I think it is still leaking around the top due to the lack of a top bolt. Now, I have striped the bolt so I can't remove the EGR tube anymore. This has been going on since the beginning of summer, and I was about to put the red exhaust repair stuff. I am really really getting fed up with it.

Wil the EGR simulator allow you to pass emissions?
      2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Try JB Weld, I've heard this is another good thing to try... Good luck with it.

Comment

when the egr leaks..what happens? does smoke blow out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
            when the egr leaks..what happens? does smoke blow out of it?
            No, not on mine. My leak is very small, so I just get a loud ticking noise.
            2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

i have a pretty loud tick from my EGR...i think im just gonna block the dang thing off

Comment

also engine bay temp's in my case went up

the sim does not let the car trow any codes. some people like the cleaner look i was sick of the leak:spank:. are pacesetters the any ones with this prob??

Comment

copper rtv usaully works well. try that before you delete it, deleting it has its draw backs.

but FWIW mine is deleted.
                  1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE1stcamv6
                    also engine bay temp's in my case went up

the sim does not let the car trow any codes. some people like the cleaner look i was sick of the leak:spank:. are pacesetters the any ones with this prob??
                    i think the common issue is the EGR tube, during removal it probally gets bent and then doesnt seal nice in the header. or atleast this was my problem. if this is so, then no, pacesetter isnt the problem.

i think ive heard of people having to trim the egr tube to get it back in the header too. i dont know what exactly everyones issues are.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I have Pacesetters and have no issues with the EGR tube leaking. No gasket, Just ultra copper silicone (around the tube, before it goes in the header, not the bracket) and used a grade 8 nut and bolt.

Brian
                      sigpic

Comment

just do the efr delete and save yourself alot of time. zzperformance.com they are like 5 bucks each. take your egr valve out, put on block on the upper intake and on the header with gasket maker. bam your done. if you need it for inspection. out the valve back in that day. and just leave the one on the header, but cut the edge of the header tube (tube that goes from the egr to the header) off and just make a sandwich with the block off still there. they won't even notice it.
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

so is there a drawback to deleting the egr im not worried about passing emmisions(we dont have them:rock: ) will it run alright with the egr simulator?

Comment

Originally posted by screamin 99
                            so is there a drawback to deleting the egr I'm not worried about passing emissions(we don't have them:rock: ) will it run alright with the egr simulator?

It may ping at part throttle cruse in overdrive. People with larger than stock cams would not see this due to the cam lowering the cylinder pressure at lower RPM cruise, just as the EGR would do. The PCM puts close to 40* timing during low RPM cruise.

Brian
                            sigpic

Comment

so... when you remove the egr, do you take the base it sits on off too. the base is what holds the oil dipstick tube. so what do you do with that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X