Header Gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Gaskets

Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted. Last year was able to get a new exhaust and headers with you guys help in November. Its been great :D

97 V6 3.8L Camaro
    Pacesetter Headers

So, unfortunately I used and regreting using the paper gaskets from pacesetter. They really suck, badly ;) About a week ago the drivers side header gasket toasted, and now the engine sounds like a motorcycle lol.

I know some folks use the Abbot ones, but anyone heard anything FelPro?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I'm guessing Steel core laminate would be a heck of a lot better gasket material then paper. ;)

Re: Header Gaskets

Get the abbott gaskets the first time, and you won't have to worry about the Felpro ones failing you. I've heard they aren't that great.

Comment

Definitely better than paper. The ones from Abbott seem to be great, and you'll never see any bad threads about them. I'm going to be installing my Pacesetters shortly with the Abbott ones, and I'm sure the FelPro will do just fine. Anything can be better than the damn paper ones...

Comment

The link to Summit is an exhaust manifold gasket, not a header gasket. The port is too large to work with the Pacesetter header (yes, I tried the Felpro's). I used the stock steel GM exhaust manifold gaskets with my pacesetter headers, With a thin bead of high temp silicone on each side. Intense has some steel gaskets that look like they would work even better as the ports are round like the port in the header. If mine ever start to leak, I'll try those.

Brian
        sigpic

Comment

Ah, they were manifold gaskets, oops :)

Well at any rate, is it possible to use GM steel manifold gaskets with pacesetter headers to stop the leaking? Or do the gaskets have to specifically fit the headers?
          Last edited by FableLifeV6; 11-17-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

exhaust manifold = header

Comment

look at http://www.intense-racing.com/ There GM gaskets have round ports. I believe they are for the 3800 front drive cars, But should work better with the Pacesetters than the stock GM gaskets listed for our cars. The Gm gaskets for our cars have oddball shaped holes for the ports. If I ever need to change them I will use these.

link to the gaskets

http://www.intense-racing.com/Mercha...oduct_Count=55

Brian
              Last edited by bigbrian442; 11-17-2007, 03:09 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Was trying to pick up something local that would fix the issue, thanks though ;) Going to stick with the GM ones and hope for the best.

Comment

The ones from Intense are GM gaskets. Just nut sure what to ask for to get those. I'm sure it's one of the FWD 3800 models.

Brian
                  sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X