running my car open-manifold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running my car open-manifold...

i've always wanted to see how my car would sound straight manifold, so i figure why not do this for school the last day before christmas break ( the rules are usually a little slack the last day) jus for the crap of it...i know it'll be REALLY loud, but i dont plan to keep the car that way, so i wont mind it for a short time...i'm thinkin of just un-boltin the pipes from the manifolds and then figurin out a jimmy-rig to keep em from shakin around...my question is, will runnin the car straight manifold, even for a short time screw anything up? i've heard some ppl say it would run extremely lean, but i wanna know for sure before i do this...

oh yea, for any who dont already know, its a 95 3.4 maro

thanx yall :banana:
    Last edited by 95astrovan; 11-10-2007, 05:39 AM.

Re: running my car open-manifold...

yes, running open manifolds is extremely dangerous to your car. Reletively cool air could creep onto the exhaust port of the heads, causing them to warp, which could lead to a severly damaged engine. I know you want to look cool on your last day of school or w/e, but I don't think sitting in a busted Camaro is how you wanna accomplish that

Comment

driving it for a day wont do any harm
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

it can warp the valves quickly leave the y pipe on and disconnect it at the cat its a lot safer much longer path almost as loud.

Comment

i did that recently cause i had to go somewhere and didnt have my pipes ready to be put back on. sounded like ****.

Comment

its going to sound like crap, and everyone is going to make fun of you.. dont do it

Comment

^^ x2. Also its not the school rules you should be worried about, its the cops between your house and school.

Comment

It may sound alright below 3000 rpm, anything above that and its just going to be obnoxiously loud and raspy. If you want your car to sound bad *** all the time, get an exhaust (or a V8 ;))
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

or a 3.8
                  WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

Originally posted by Blip55
                    or a 3.8
                    I'm not sure if thats sarcasm.

But if it isn't, 3.4s sound better then 3.8s, its all about firing order :slap:
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

^^^True that..:rock:

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro
                        its going to sound like crap, and everyone is going to make fun of you.. dont do it
                        Originally posted by f-tothe-ill
                        ^^ x2. Also its not the school rules you should be worried about, its the cops between your house and school.
                        x3 haha Dude do u really want me to compare your car to sams in the range of sound, of course his sounds bad because it sounds like my grandfather's '89 S10 LOL!!!!!

and of course School won't do anything to you, ITS THE LAST DAY BEFORE BREAK, as long as its peaceful between students it's all good

Comment

haha Sam's car sounds bad because its a freakin '84 2.8 lol...but yea, i prolly just wont do it, cuz now that i know it'd be better to cut it at the cat, and i JUST had my hi flow and pipes put on like 3 months ago, i believe ill just leave it alone...thanx for the input guys

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan
                            haha Sam's car sounds bad because its a freakin '84 2.8 lol...but yea, i prolly just wont do it, cuz now that i know it'd be better to cut it at the cat, and i JUST had my hi flow and pipes put on like 3 months ago, i believe ill just leave it alone...thanx for the input guys
                            I thought u were gonna do the whole ''Hideen'' thing

Comment

u mean "hidden"?? and i am...eventually...its on the list lol

but for now the rims take priority in the money category, gotta get the curb-rashed salad shooters off quick

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X