Which one should i get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one should i get

Okay so im finally in process of getting a new exhaust system.

I will be ordering it in a few days once i decide. I will also order a high flow cat and get a new s-pipe. It currently has pacesetter headers to open y-pipe (very loud, cannot drive it).

I admit that when i first was going to get a muffler, i chose the flowmaster. Then i hated it and got drew into the TSP Rumbler, which i got tired of because it was too loud and raspy. Then finally the borla. I previously had a borla catback, but i had to get rid of because i was in need of some funds. Wish i still had it, then everything would be all good. But i am now looking for an exhaust system that prodcues very minimum rasp, yet is low an deep. Closet to a V8 as possible.

So i narrowed it down to:

3" Summit Turbo (dynomax) muffler

Stock Z28/SS/WS6 muffler

so which one do you guys think will sound better? which one is more low and deeper?
    Summit Turbo
    61.54%
    V8 Take Off
    38.46%

The poll is expired.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Re: Which one should i get

I'd go with a summit turbo muffler. I've heard them and they sound quite nice. My second choice when i went with borla.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

hated the flowmaster? i love mine, but i dont have alot of rasp until about 4K probably cuz of the stock cat...but deff the Summit...V8 takeoffs have more of a "whooosh" than Tone...

Comment

look for a ws6 takeoff with the slp dual dual on it
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Keep in mind my opinion may be biased as i've never heard a v8 takeoff on a V6 car.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I've had the dynomax muffler from RK sport dual outlet stock exhaust,flowmaster 80 series dual outlet and 40 series 3" in 2 1/2 " out dumped underneath with 3" pipe, 18" resonator, no cat, RK sport headers. Now I have the Summit Turbo 3" in 3" out with the exhaust pipe tucked up underneath the rear since I have a Camaro I like the look better. No rasp, not real loud, but nice tone all the way up to 5800 rpms for me. So my vote is for the Summit Turbo.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I went with a z28 catback and I think it sounds pretty solid, plus it was dirt cheap. Eventually I'll probably upgrade to all 3" but for now I'm fine with the 1/4" difference for the 1/4 of the price. Check my cardomain or the sticky for a sound clip.

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3

3" Summit Turbo (dynomax) muffler
                The summit turbo muffler is NOT a dynomax. Get a real dynomax!

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
                  The summit turbo muffler is NOT a dynomax. Get a real dynomax!

yep, i know.. its not the same one used in the dynomax catback. Just like the borla xp muffler isnt the same one used on the borla catback. i believe the dynomax muffler is $200 + which is out of my price range (considering that i bought a used borla catback for $160).

I made my decision and im went with the summit turbo muffler (ordered it last night), thanks a lot for you that voted.
                  Last edited by gugdathug3; 11-14-2007, 04:55 AM.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X