gas mileage info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas mileage info

sorry if this has been posted before but what mpg gains ddi u guys get with a CAI installed. once again sorry if been posted all ready

Re: gas mileage info

i get 19 to 21 miles per gallon in the city ( depending how i drive ) and about 25 on the high way and that is with a k&n high flow. i am sure that it is dirty and all but that is what i am seeing. i need to clean it now when i put it on and got rid of the stock induction box. i didn't know.
    Last edited by bullit70; 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM.

Comment

i didnt mean to post to times. i have the 3.4 auto and seems like babying it i get 21-22 miles a gallon in town. i got 17mpg driving pretty hard at times. usually ill put in 10 gallons every time i put gas in and my drive every day is about 22 miles and was curious if its worth putting a cai on for the milage purposes

Comment

just do it and keep your foot out of the throttle after installing it

Comment

i don't know i have that cone filiter thing it is a k&n and i love it to death looks so cool when you open it up but for a performance 1 maybe 2 horses. i would just make one. i had a friend of mine that made his with exhaust piping that he got a auto zone and then just painted it to match. it was cool to look at. it is really personal prefernce when it comes down to it. like i said 1 maybe 2 horses.

Comment

yea i agree. my biggest problem is i live in southern ohio were the roads are real curvy and lot of hills and crazy roads somtimes.

Comment

ya i hear ya. like i said it is all personal preference. i would do it just to get that stock peace of **** out.

Comment

I had a 95 3.4 with the K&N CAI. I noticed maybe a 1-2 MPG change when I put it on. The hardest thing was to keap my foot out of it though. It gave it a quicker throttle response and better sound. I think I got 27 MPG highway one time.

I havn't seen any CAI for sale lately, but they usually go pretty cheap for the 3.4 liters. I think I ended up selling mine for $100 and it was still pretty new. Part of what the K&N intake does for the 3.4 is move the filter out of the engine bay and into the inner fender well. This allows it to pick up cooler air that is not coming from inside the hot engine bay. A lot of the aftermarket ones that I have seen don't actually do that. As you know, the cooler the air, the more efficient and better performance you'll get.
                2000 White Firebird <br />K&N Filter, Aluminum Driveshaft<br /><br />95 White Firebird - Laid to Rest<br />K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Jet Chip

Comment

yea thtas awesome. the one i am getting is on ebay its 75 bucks and it goes down into the fender also.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                    just do it and keep your foot out of the throttle after installing it
                    x2...

-Y87
                    Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

i just opened up my intake and found out i have k@n airfilter in.. shold i still replace the whole intake or would it be saving money to just leave it.

Comment

If you are going for economy and saving money, I doubt you will ever increase your MPG enough to pay for a CAI. Performance wise you might gain a little, but it would be hard to say. The factory air box has a 2" tube that pulls air from the inner fender allready, so the main benefit would be more air and with the removal of the coregated pipe, better air flow.

It would depend on how tight you are on money. It might be better so save that money and maybe save up a little more and do your exhaust. If the filter is real dirty, then you can get a recharge kit for $10 at any parts store or even Walmart.
                        2000 White Firebird <br />K&N Filter, Aluminum Driveshaft<br /><br />95 White Firebird - Laid to Rest<br />K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Jet Chip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X