MAF sensor cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF sensor cleaning?

Ok, i have an 01 Camaro V6 , with about 99k , i've never touched the MAF sensor area before. I bought this can at Advance Auto Parts called MAF Sensor cleaner. Now, do i just spray this directly over the sensor and let it dry? That's what it says on the directions, but how much do i spray?, How close do i hold the can from the MAF Sensor?
    Has anyone ever done this before?
    I'm also going to clean the throttle body as well since i'm in that area, i think i can manage doing that, but this my first time doing this as well. Any advise on both of these things would be great.

Re: MAF sensor cleaning?

it's not rocket science.

just follow the directions. hold it about 10-12 inches away. just spray it, but don't kill it. as for the tb...are you take it off to clean it or just disconning the intake? are you take the maf out to clean that?
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Which ever is easier to do, i would think taking off the TB to clean it would be better, and also i would take out the MAF sensor as well, i think that would be the better move, i know it might take some time, but with my camaro, i have all the patience in the world! My wife doesn't understand my obsession with my f-body. I told her its a chevy thing, lol

Comment

Originally posted by noisy
        Which ever is easier to do, i would think taking off the TB to clean it would be better, and also i would take out the MAF sensor as well, i think that would be the better move, i know it might take some time, but with my camaro, i have all the patience in the world! My wife doesn't understand my obsession with my f-body. I told her its a chevy thing, lol

just make sure to get a new tb gasket then. i would say take it off, but i wrench around with everything.

make sure you get a tb cleaner this is sensor friendly. don't want to screw up your iac sensor. when you clean out the tb i usually take the maf out since it's only 2 screws and no gaskets. hurts nothing to take it out.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X