air lid size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air lid size?

im at a buddies house so i cant measure, what is the inlet size for the throttle body, and the part of the airlid that goes to it? we are going to go to home depot and get smooth tubing to replace the stock ripped one and need to know what size to get

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: air lid size?

Originally posted by Meatyshells
    im at a buddies house so i cant measure, what is the inlet size for the throttle body, and the part of the airlid that goes to it? we are going to go to home depot and get smooth tubing to replace the stock ripped one and need to know what size to get
    3 inches

Comment

I think its like 3 and 1/4 but I could be wrong... maybe it is 3.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

turns out its closer to 4''
        3 7/8''ths to be exsact, so im glad i didnt listen and buy a 3'' one

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
          turns out its closer to 4''
          3 7/8''ths to be exsact, so im glad i didnt listen and buy a 3'' one
          I thought it was more than 3 because i made that mistake
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I bought a 3"x3" hard rubber "coupler" from lowes, and it fit like it was literally manufactured for that purpose.

It's this one

Last edited by xmetallicaxguitaristx; 11-04-2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

a 3" rubber coupler goes over the stock lid as it is made to go over 3" pipe so it has a bigger I.D. than 3".
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx
                I bought a 3"x3" hard rubber "coupler" from lowes, and it fit like it was literally manufactured for that purpose.

It's this one

Yeah.. I have a whisper lid. Went out and got that same piece you have here. Couldn't fit it over the lid or the tb. the 4x4 was way too big. And lowes doesn't have anything in between. Ghey.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

well wait.. did you get the 3x3 or the 4x4... you say the 4x4 but you said you got the same piece..

anyways 3x3 fits like a glove

Comment

yeah i bought that same exsact 3x3 and it was way to small, so i returned it got a 4x4 and it was way to big.

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx
                      well wait.. did you get the 3x3 or the 4x4... you say the 4x4 but you said you got the same piece..

anyways 3x3 fits like a glove
                      I didn't think it was confusing but yeah I got both. Tried both. Neither fit. not over an 02 throttle body or a whisper airlid.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

the OD on my throttle body is around 3.8"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X