straight pipe performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straight pipe performance

hey guys all i wanted to know was if i were to straight pipe my 1998 firebird what kind of performance would i be expecting from it? and would it rly drop the exhaust pressure by alot?

Re: straight pipe performance

maybe a couple hp if the rest of the exhaust is stock. a cat produces a pressure drop, not a straight pipe.

Comment

its gonna be really hella loud
      keep in mind though, race cars dont have mufflers :D

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

for drag racing it works great. i raced mine before i finished my exhaust with just headers and y pipe and i dropped .45 sec of my time. but it was "hella loud"

Comment

Its only going to give you more power in the higher rpms. It will hurt your gas milage and it will feel slower driving it daily. When you have necessary back pressure (even with an aftermarket exhaust) it gives you more low end torque.
          I have headers no cat and an "open" borla exhaust on my car and I could tell the car drove alot better when I put the plates back in. Long story short do not straight pipe your car, get an exhaust. Or just get a cut out.

Comment

i thought he was just talking about putting a straight pipe in place of the cat

Comment

yea thts what i was saying

Comment

E-cutout > straight pipes.. because you can shape/control the tone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X