Intake Gurus help! still stumped on intake choices... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intake Gurus help! still stumped on intake choices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Gurus help! still stumped on intake choices...

I know lots of ppl say this is an opinion question but Im still having a few problems with choosing an intake method:

1: i cant decide between a filter-type cold air intake and a cold air induction box...<ive had a mechanic say that a regular cold air intake would be better than the induction box... on the other hand, common sense tells you that warm engine air would be sucked into a normal cold air intake... ??

2: is there any way to mount the end of the Cai someplace besides right above the engine?? best of both worlds maybe?

3: whisper lid+c.a induction box+K&n filter better, worse, or the same as a k&n cold air intake kit alone... remember, im trying to choose one or the other

thanks again...

Re: Intake Gurus help! still stumped on intake choices...

well if i were you, i would get the volant CAI, its a lot better then the Whisper lid and induction box IMO...

and really, your not giong to like see a big difference from the 2..
    WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

stick with a whisper lid and slp cold air intake. Buying a volant or tubular intake is a waste on these cars. You are pulling in warm air and the only place to put it is inside the engine bay unless you have a ram air hood. Besides... either one are not going to be a noticeable difference. Both will only give you 1-2 horses. Get a whisper lid and then a cold air intake... that way the air is coming from under the car and away from the engine... and going into a larger lid and intake the intake.

what type of car do you have and what year?
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

thanks guys and really the only thing i do understand in this is that i dont want warm engine air... so even if i wont gain much horsepower atleast ill be taking in cold air... but i also dont even see how the cold air induction box fits into the engine space at all... and it's a 2000 camaro y87
        Last edited by WhiTTyV6Maro; 10-28-2007, 09:33 PM.

Comment

whisper lid and call it a night. Best intake for 99+ cars is the whisper lid
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

sweet... another question... difference in the SSRA and an slp induction box???

Comment

the SSRA comes down further

Comment

Here's what you need.

Whisper lid-$100
                k&n filter-$50
                ram air intake "ssra, ftra, slp, ect"-$140+

That's the setup I have and it works great, the whisper lid never gets hot.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
                  Here's what you need.

Whisper lid-$100
                  k&n filter-$50
                  ram air intake "ssra, ftra, slp, ect"-$140+

That's the setup I have and it works great, the whisper lid never gets hot.

what if you remove the lid and place it in an oven?......jp.

^ this guy knows his stufff.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

sweet. that was the plan... what type of induction box did you use in ur car cuz the ssra is like 40 bucks more but it has that fan..

and if you dont care will you send me some pictures? ethanatar@myway.com
                    Last edited by WhiTTyV6Maro; 10-29-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

There is a seller on ebay called ChromeIntakes. They have a full CAI for the 3.8 that runs all the way down into the fender well.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                        98+ right?
                        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life

If you have a Ram Air hood, the volant is better and a lot more efficient then the whisper lid IMO....
                          WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

from the pictures i've seen of the volant systems it doesn't look like they really seal up. maybe you can get some cooler air but no ram air effect

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
                              maybe you can get some cooler air but no ram air effect
                              especially since you can't attain any sort of "ram air effect" until you're going about 200 MPH

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X