Header hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header hardware?

So i got a set of Pacesetter headers a month or so but they were used and have no hardware. I wanted to see what everyone recommends I get for the install? I searched and it seemed to be that I should get Stage 8 locking header bolts and abbot gaskets. Do I need new bolts for the header to the Y-pipe or can I use stock ones? Is that all I need?

Thanks
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: Header hardware?

yes get the stage 8 bolts and abott gaskets... case closed there.

for the y pipe, i'm not sure if the setup is the same as the 3.4 but we got grade 8 bolts, about 4 inches in length, i think any reasonable width will do but we went 3/8 i believe, however... make sure the thread is long enough down the bolt to get a nut on there after the connection.

Comment

you can run to the hardware and get bolts for the ypipe to header connections
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I just used the header bolts that came with my kit. You should be able to use your stockers just fine as long as you don't break one of. Definitely get Abbot's gaskets. As for the Y-pipe connection, the bolts that come with the kit are already too long, so you didn't loose anything. Just go to the hardware store and get 4" long bolts and matching nuts. Make sure the bolt is threaded all the way to the head though, none of that half way up ****. That's what was wrong with the stock bolts, they were threaded only 1/2 way up, and you couldn't tighten them down enough without 7 or 8 washers.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X