MAF screen removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF screen removal

Will someone give me a quick runthrough of how to remove the MAF screen? I don't need a complete how to, just quick tips. I know I will get flamed for requesting this...but my screen is dented, so it wont be able to do what it is designed for anyway, so it needs to come out. Last time I tried, coolant squirted out, so I know I did something wrong. Thank you.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Re: MAF screen removal

remove intake tubing to the tb and it's just held in by a snap ring.

Comment

IDoVoodo has it right. My question is, how did you get coolant coming out the last time?
      Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

the only way to get coolant coming out would be if your tb gasket is shot. coolant runs fromt the upper intake to into the tb.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

just take a pair of needle-nose pliers, open them, stab the screen, close the pliers, and yank the **** out

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
            remove intake tubing to the tb and it's just held in by a snap ring.
            so you dont have to get behind the screen to knock it out? there is a ring around it that comes off? I tried to get behind the screen, so I took off the MAF.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

use a paperclip, look at the end of the silver ring, there is a little hole. poke the clip through and pull the ring out
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Are snap rings so tricky to that many people?! If it's dented and it needs to come out anyways whats the point and trying to go behind it to salvage it? Unless you're trying to repair it yourself and put it back in.. If so.. dont. Get a new one. Otherwise just rip the thing out if you can't figure out a snap ring. Eh I don't mean to sound like an ******* but yeah.. eh I'm an *******. I really do like the bit about the coolant though, that was a good laugh. It's literally a 2 minute.. or.. 1 minute job. Heh good luck.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                  so you dont have to get behind the screen to knock it out? there is a ring around it that comes off? I tried to get behind the screen, so I took off the MAF.
                  Lol, nope there is no need to remove the throttle body to get the screen out. That is why you leaked coolant the first time.
                  Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

took mine out all you need is to get a paperclip and pry the snap ring off, then shove a screwdriver through it and yank it out lol
                    1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

let us know how it worked out
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I should probably give this a try tomorrow. That screen as been getting pretty dirty looking.

Comment

then check to see if there's a problem with your filter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X