tunning PCM, solution for SES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tunning PCM, solution for SES?

The muffler shop installed headers, cat, and muffler for me. The SES light did not come up, but after three days the light appeared. I took the car to the muffler shop. There was a leak in a link in the Y pipe. He fixed, but that light is still there. I think is the emmission control thing. I am goign to tune the PCM, Will that fix the SES light?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: tunning PCM, solution for SES?

if its the EGR then yes, it will fix it. however if it is your o2's like everyone else has had a problem with, then no, it will not fix the problem. get the code scanned and then go from there. :tup:

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
      if its the EGR then yes, it will fix it. however if it is your o2's like everyone else has had a problem with, then no, it will not fix the problem. get the code scanned and then go from there. :tup:

i agree, you might just need to change your 02 sensors, they're like 15 bux each.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to scan the code. Thanks guys.
        Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
          i agree, you might just need to change your 02 sensors, they're like 15 bux each.
          O2 sensors for 15 bucks each? Are those the ones you pull off of junkyard cars yourself? Or am I getting ripped off?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i think he might have been exagerating a bit... wat i thikn he was trying to say is that they are considerably less expensive than a whole new PCM

Comment

15 bux each and you will get the little carboard box the o2 sensors come in :P
              WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

Originally posted by Blip55
                15 bux each and you will get the little carboard box the o2 sensors come in :P

it's special cardboard that when added into your fuel tank adds 500 hp!! omg!!

look at your headers, both of them, there are sensors screwed in on both sides with wires leading to a quick connect type thingy. Go buy new ones and replace them!! or get your car scanned.

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
                  i think he might have been exagerating a bit... wat i thikn he was trying to say is that they are considerably less expensive than a whole new PCM
                  I wasn't aware that a new PCM was even considered.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X