pacesetter defect problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacesetter defect problem

so i ordered pacesetter headers a long time ago and finally got them installed like a year ago. There was a slight exhaust leak since i had them installed, but i've been really busy and kind of broke since they were installed. i finally got somebody to take a look at it. well, it's a leak between the 3 pipes as they go into the collector. they exhaust shop that it was a defect in the manufacturing, not something that went after they were installed. the shop also said they couldn't get down in there to weld it because there just isn't enough space between the tubes. any suggestions of what to do about this????

thanks
    2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Re: pacesetter defect problem

uhh i think the common fix for this is to cut the flanges and weld it on.. not sure though...
    WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

The flange is on the other side of the collector. Cutting the flange off will not solve his problem. You might have to contact Pacesetter. Yet another reason I will not support that company. Crappy quality control, shoddy after sale customer service, and generally poor performance.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

have a local exhaust shop cuz off the ball flange and weld on a 3-point flange. :banana: thats what i was going to do but my exhaust guy fixed the problem without charging me the 100$ he quoted me at for switching the flanges.

WOOT! for ood exhaust people. :banana: BOO! for pacesetter. :tdown:

Comment

any decent welder should be able to weld down between the tubes

Comment

0r if u can grab the quick fix metal tape which is for the high temp area.....Iv seen it at the local Partsource and NAPA

Comment

i have never heard of this. just get it welded you'll be golden
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

thanks guys. appreciate the help. i'll go back by and talk to this guy, or find another shop.
                2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

go to advance auto and look in the exhaust section and get this stuf called THERMOSTEEL, i've used it on my headers and its held up for a coulpe months and its like 5 bucks, well worth it

Comment

My pacesetters leaked.. I thought it was the flange on the head, pulled it of and realised it actually was a weld "hole" on one of the primaries where it was welded to the flange, welded it and it have been fine since! :)

I dont remember how the collector looks right now, but i would at least try to weld it, which i am certain that is possible! But you propably have to take it off though, I would rather do it "right" first time than "quick-fix" it several times..

Although liquid/chemichal metal works good often if its done right! :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X