• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How restrictive is my exhaust?

1997 Camaro 3.8 5 speed
    MSD Ign.
    Aluminum DS
    SLP CAI

Okay, so I'm wanting to know how restrictive my exhaust system is. I currently have a 2.25 inch in/out catco cat, stock 2.25 inch piping going into a Flowmaster 80 series dual outlet muffler. The thing is, the car feels slower with the new 80 series muffler installed than when I had the stock one on! Whats up with that? Anyway, the car sounds pretty good with it and has minimal rasp. So what I'm wondering is, how resistrive is my current setup...and would I benefit very much from a 2.5 inch catback/ full exhaust? My friend has a 96 Camaro 3.8 with a 2.5 inch magnaflow catback, he claims it feels slower off the line and has noticed minimal difference. What are your opinions?

Re: How restrictive is my exhaust?

TQ is lost w/ high flow exhaust on a V6 car which can make it feel slower off the line

HP is gained at higher RPMs tho
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
      TQ is lost w/ high flow exhaust on a V6 car which can make it feel slower off the line

HP is gained at higher RPMs tho
      What he said, I highly recommend to stay under 2.75" piping though unless you plan on big mods...I have 3" and is sorta killing me off the line lol, btw your exhaust is basicaly a bottle neck so to answer your Question, Yes your exhaust is restrictive.

Comment

get edelbrock catback... SDT muffler as well... great set up. made a difference on my car.

you have the Alum DS, thats the mod that made the BIGGEST difference in my car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X