Borla cat backs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borla cat backs?

is there such a thing as a bolt on borla cat back for a 97 3.8 camaro? or would you have to get the one for the 5.7 modified?
    thanks in advance

Re: Borla cat backs?

you could get the one fore the 3.8. or you can just buy the muffler and have a shop make you the pipes

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Generally, what is cheaper...buying the entire system, or getting the muffler and getting custom pipes?

Comment

If you can pick up one for a 5.7 cheaper, do it. That's what I have on my car. I bought it from someone with a T/A that blew his motor. I paid $200. It was skeevy as hell, but I washed it and took it to someone to polish it up and it was incredible. Altogether, I paid about $325 for a full 3" tuneable catback. It's on the car to this day. :tup: Don't bother just getting the muffler. It's not worth it. The catback will be the best mod you do to your car. Guaranteed.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
          Altogether, I paid about $325 for a full 3" tuneable catback. It's on the car to this day.
          Tuneable?

Comment

i was looking at the borla catalog and they do have a catback system for the 3.8 but it's for 98' and up. is there a major difference between the routing of a 98 exhaust and a 97?

Comment

Originally posted by HiperPaiz
              i was looking at the borla catalog and they do have a catback system for the 3.8 but it's for 98' and up. is there a major difference between the routing of a 98 exhaust and a 97?
              just the hangers are a little different, but thats nothing an exhaust shop cant work around.
              and by tunable, the of the borla catbacks come with little insert plates that change the flow of the exhaust

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

What advantages does that offer? I'm getting a cutout for my exhaust, so I don't want to spend massive amounts of cash on a catback that I probably won't be using that much...^.^

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X