taking off intake manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking off intake manifold?

i want to take this off to clean it and paint it. what are the basic steps in taking it off?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: taking off intake manifold?

remove the coils and put spark plug wires to the side, label them to make sure you know which wire goes to which spot on the coils, fuel injectors, remove vac lines, disconnect MAP sensor and other sensors, remove intake manifold.

Then get a new gasket if you are doing just the upper, or get both upper and lower if you are doing both
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

PITA, but I have some pics on here on when I puller the upper and lower intakes and painted them. Hey but since I am in AZ now if you need any help just let me know and with two people it wont take long.

Comment

you are also going to have to remove the brake booster hose from the rear of the intake, then there are a total of 9 bolts i believe to get the manifold off.

also you will need to disconnect the throttle linkage to get the throttle body along with it.

I dont agree with it being much of a pain in the ***, I could pull upper and lower in an hour easy

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
          I dont agree with it being much of a pain in the ***, I could pull upper and lower in an hour easy
          Not thats its hard, but its just that one little tiny bolt on the rear of the intake that is hard to see and it takes me like 200 turns to get it to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by ZO6vette037
            Not thats its hard, but its just that one little tiny bolt on the rear of the intake that is hard to see and it takes me like 200 turns to get it to come out.
            true, those bolts can be a pain, but thats where ratcheting wrenches come into play :)

10 mm btw.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              true, those bolts can be a pain, but thats where ratcheting wrenches come into play :)

10 mm btw.
              I do it old school! :naughty: No ratcheting wrenches for me.

Comment

ha, and for me i cant start any job till my compressor tank is full

Comment

make sure that you take those bolts out on the right angle. don't want to strip them or break them. becarful how hard you tighten them also. very weak bolts.

it's very easy. takes under a hour to get it off and out. at least it did for me.
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

when you remove the injectors, are you sopsed to be able to get the fuel lines out? i cant seem to get them out because that sensor in the back of the intake stick out, and theres something blocking the way to get to the far bolt holding it in.
                    or do the fuel lines just come off with the intake?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I take all of those off...

Comment

how do you get the fuel lines off? that sensor is blocking the way, i cant get the sensor off

Comment

Reach back there and undo the two star bit bolts holding it in. Then you have plenty of room to move the fueil rail around. It was a little tricky, I kept dropping my damn socket.

Comment

i finally got the upper intake off, what is the best way to plug the holes so i can scrape the old gasket off with out getting any of it in the intake holes?

Comment

some rags or towels probably would be best
                              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X