Tsp exhaust help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsp exhaust help

i just recently bought pacesetter headers and a tsp rumbler for my 99 bird and i was wondering...do alot of you people with the same set up or with different setups buy a cat for it or just leave it like it is...

is there a problem leaving the setup as is or would putting a cat make it better and if i bought a cat for it would i need to buy it with the same diameter as the rest of the setup...

ive been looking at the stickys and i havent quite found my answer yet

thanks

Re: Tsp exhaust help

adding a high-flow cat would only add $60 to your tab, which pales in comparison to what you've spent on the headers and TSP...so just get it

Comment

so is adding a cat taking away from the sound or adding to it...i dont need it louder than ive already heard it was...and since the rest of the setup is 3" do i need to get the same in and out for the cat

Comment

Replacing the stock cat with a higher flowing cat will increase the sound. And yes, if you're going with a full 3" setup, get a 3" in/out cat, too.

Comment

having a highflow cat will make the exhaust tone even deeper. plus, if you put it all on at the same time it will be easy... seeing as you will probably have to replace the stock cat at some point.

i have a catco highflow cat, and the same exhaust set up as you (tsp, pacesetters) the catco went bad, so im just going to gut it. no highflow cats last long.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
            having a highflow cat will make the exhaust tone even deeper. plus, if you put it all on at the same time it will be easy... seeing as you will probably have to replace the stock cat at some point.

i have a catco highflow cat, and the same exhaust set up as you (tsp, pacesetters) the catco went bad, so im just going to gut it. no highflow cats last long.
            Did you get both tsp and headers at same time or exhaust first then headers? I ask because i plan on getting headers soon and I already have tsp with hi flow cat

Comment

i got the exhaust first. then put the headers and cat on afterwards.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

do yourself a favor and get the cat....stock manifolds+ cat!+ tps = rediculously loud. sounded much better with a cat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X