Cheapest CAI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest CAI?

Would anyone happen to know where I could find the cheapest prices for the SLP CAI and/or the K&N CAI including the intake elbow for a 97 firebird? thanks

Re: Cheapest CAI?

there are plenty on ebay pretty cheap... I'm sure someone will chime with experience since I don't have a 97 or below model
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i paid 219 for my slp cai. ebay has some cheapies for not much, but make sure you get a full cai, not just the little elbow that clamps on to the end of the plastic silencer.
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

yea ive looked on ebay but i cant seem to find any slp cai, but i did find this intake from chrome intakes-
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...ayphotohosting

Is this worth it, or should i go with a brand name cai?

Comment

Personally i would go with a name brand but thats just me. I guess as long as it works and your happy with it then it doesn't matter.
          Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
          Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
          Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
          Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
          Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

here ya go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-A...QQcmdZViewItem
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

thanks for the ebay add, now what should i do for an intake elbow intead of the restrictive black box that gm decided to put in?

Comment

i got a cheap CAI from my cousin its one of those cheap ebay ones cant really feel any gains but it makes a neat sound haha

Comment

speaking from the perspective of physics. as long the inside of the tubeing is smooth and unrestricted, an intakes a intake. however unless youve got the hardware to do the bends yourself or the total lack of self respect to use pbc pipe. my 97 3.8 has a intake from chrome intakes two peices of steel tubeing held together with a rubber gromit if you do a good job on install and get everything flush before bolting it in flows just about as good as anything else. also make sure you get the one that goes down into the wheel well so that your acutally getting cold air.:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Chase Walker
                    Would anyone happen to know where I could find the cheapest prices for the SLP CAI and/or the K&N CAI including the intake elbow for a 97 firebird? thanks
                    The cheapest new CAI I have been able to find is at ajusa.com

Comment

I've still got to get pics of the intake on my car. Prior owner did a hacked up intake that I'm probably going to replace. He also had a hollowed out cat on it throwing engine codes that I replaced with a high flow from my local exhaust shop, along with a Flowmaster muffler. Sounds beastly now, but I can't wait to replace the hacked intake :(

Comment

Here's a CAI on EBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-97...spagenameZWDVW

Any comments on this one?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X