magnaflow exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magnaflow exhaust

was thinking about getting magnaflow mufflers for 94 firebird anyone have a set? are they any good? better than flowmaster?

Re: magnaflow exhaust

I have a magnaflow and it's good.. People have different opinion on magnaflows and flowmasters.. Read up on da search feature. Many threads on flows and magnaflow.. Gl and welcome to da forum!!

Comment

WAY better than flowmasters. Magnaflows IMO are the best bang for the buck exhaust setup you can get. SLP Loudmouths are sweet ***, but I just dont like the tone on a V6. On a v8, GMMG and SLP take the cake. On a V6, Magnaflows keep that deep sound without restricting exhaust flow. One of the of not THE best flowgin traditional style muffler cat backs. (not including Corsa and Borla of course :) )

Oh, and get a whole cat back. It really doesn't do too much good to just replace the muffler. get the cat back you wont regret it :)

Comment

I have the Magnaflow cat-back on my 97 Camaro, sounds good, but there are fit issues. Tips are off center & angle towards the driver's side, it's coming off to be cut & re-welded to look better...... should have gone Flowmaster.:mad:

Comment

I have a Magnaflow on my 98 Camaro. No problem to fit, easy bolt on, all necessary parts are including! Fits perfect!

Sound: loud on full throttle and sounds very ricey with loud rasp! I will never buy it again! Next time i will modify the cat back with a extra small red bullet muffler behind the cat to eleminate or filter the rasp/ recey sound!

I heard last weekend a 2000 camaro 3.8 with a 3'' Dynomax V8 muffler! That sounds 1000 times better than the magnaflow!

Comment

I have to agree with Dreamland, it is raspy at full throttle..... very ricey, like a V6 Honda. When I cut mine apart to fix I'm adding a resonator!!

Comment

Amazing how many different opinions there are on these things, lol....

Comment

mines magnaflow fits in perfect and while it hasnt got the V8 rumble at open throttle i would in no way call it raspy but thats imo

Comment

dude where did you get those tail lights in the bumper? never seen those before. i have magnaflow w/ hi flo cat on my 98 3.8 at low speeds it sounds deep and u can barely hear it but when u get on it it sounds like a 6 cylinder with an exhaust. not exactly ricey and not exactly like muscle either. it sounds like what you should expect it to sound like

Comment

Originally posted by NkTyson06
                    dude where did you get those tail lights in the bumper? never seen those before. i have magnaflow w/ hi flo cat on my 98 3.8 at low speeds it sounds deep and u can barely hear it but when u get on it it sounds like a 6 cylinder with an exhaust. not exactly ricey and not exactly like muscle either. it sounds like what you should expect it to sound like

Those are stock and required for euro vehicles.
                    Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

Thats right, these bumpers with 2 fog lights are for European countrys! The cars have minor different options and body mods!
                      1.) no sidemarkers in the bumpers and the parking light in the front is inside the headlights
                      2.) other larger (ugly) side mirrors
                      3.) no DRL
                      4.) exhaust only with one outlet
                      5.)taillights are stock with amber turn signals (change to older one)

Comment

This is a pic of what I meant by mine being off center, you can see how far to the outside the left tip is compared to the right. I thought it was just the kit I had installed, ordered another today, same crap. Cant even get a straight answer from Magnaflow why I'm having problems. I work for a Magnaflow dealer & they can't even give their dealers an answer..... some customer service Sorry about the blurry pic.

Comment

@Razor68: look on mine, it fit perfect. You can adjust the tips and the muffler to the middle! It needs a few minutes but i will be work!
                          You do a mistake in your installation!

Comment

I've had both Flowmaster and Magnaflow on my 2000 3.8. I much prefer the Magnaflow and am very happy with it. The Flowmaster was simply too loud.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

My exhaust was professionally installed by an exhaust shop that has 50 years in the business, does most of the installs for the performance shop I work at, and after my experience with Magnaflow's lack of customer service I won't sell their garbage. Oh ....The muffler and tips have been adjusted to their limits, only thing that can be done now is fabricate new hangers & cut tubing..... shouldn't need to do that, & Magnaflow's sales rep can't give me an answer as to why the kit installed on my car won't fit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X