how restrictive is the stock muffler - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how restrictive is the stock muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how restrictive is the stock muffler

I am looking for better performance from my 99 firebird through intake and exhaust upgrades but i want to keep my car quite. I like the sound it has now just maybe a little louder which i thought would be obtained by removing the cat and adding headers. my question is how much performance will i be losing keeping the stock muffler or can anyone refer me to a better flowing muffler that is quite like stock?

Re: how restrictive is the stock muffler

just by a magnaflow muffler from ebay and that otta do it....:D

Comment

oh yeah welcome to the forum!!

Comment

How loud is the magnaflow? I really want my car to stay as quite as possible. I like the sleeper sound and also dont like the sound of loud exhausts on v6's. If i had money for the borola i would get it and adjust the sound with the included plates but money is an issue right now and i just wanted to know what kind of loss i would have with the stock muffler. Oh and thanks for the welcome. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by charliehaley
          How loud is the magnaflow? I really want my car to stay as quite as possible. I like the sleeper sound and also dont like the sound of loud exhausts on v6's. If i had money for the borola i would get it and adjust the sound with the included plates but money is an issue right now and i just wanted to know what kind of loss i would have with the stock muffler. Oh and thanks for the welcome. ;)
          You'd probably be happy with a z28 muffler or perhaps a hooker muffler
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

z28 takeoff is what you want.
            94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

Magnaflow is great and quiet trust me..lol thats y i want a cutout... But when u floor ur car it will definitely sound louder and much better under WoT!!

Comment

just do what i did, and either get a z28 muffler, or one off of the v6's that are dual exhaust

Comment

hooker's muffler is pretty quiet and you can get them pretty cheap. i think you can even special order them at autozone if you want.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I already have the dual exhaust. I believe it has the v6 performance package but i cant remember the name of it at the time. So i guess now im looking at either hooker or z28. If i go with the z should i just buy a new one from somewhere like gmpartsdirect and if i did what year should i get it for?

Comment

look into dynomax, you won't be disappointed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X