Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clean Air Act...

Originally posted by rt1
    Not only is it illegal to take it off, or tamper with it. If they find out you've had work done at a shop they will be fined also. It's a Class 3 Felony to tamper with emissions in FL.

Rob

Edit --> I was wrong... it's not a Cl 3 Felony... Which I remember reading, but I went and checked the 2007 FL Statutes and it's a 2nd degree misdemeanor. 316.2935 Air pollution control equipment; tampering prohibited; penalty.--

I better call my Lawyer. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by screamin 99
      since you dont need a cat for emmisions you could get away with gutting it like you did, but you will need it to pass saftey inspection unless you have "connections" at a shop that will pass your car without it. ya know what im sayin?
      Safety insp is the tough sell here in MD, and since they are done by private shops, it is rife with corruption.

Comment

If a shop in Ky gets caught removing a cat i believe it is a 5,000 or 10,000 fine...
        Lol i do exhaust myself cause i don't want to get anyone in trouble.
        Ive not had a cat on any of my camaros

Comment

What you need to do is just stick a 2.25" pipe through you cat and have it welded up. It will look like you have a cat but really a straight pipe. There are people with newer things that you running around with no cats on and I know for a fact they pass emissions and burn cleaner without the cats because of a tune. Just take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99
            What you need to do is just stick a 2.25" pipe through you cat and have it welded up. It will look like you have a cat but really a straight pipe. There are people with newer things that you running around with no cats on and I know for a fact they pass emissions and burn cleaner without the cats because of a tune. Just take it off.

there's still a visual test to pass, especially if selling it out of state. Also, why go thru the trouble of welding up a pipe in the cat? All the vehicles that I had gutted cats (not by choice either) ended up w/ a mellower exhaust note. Plus, whenI had to have my 95 blazer sniffer tested (in OH), it passed that and the visual. Keep the car in good tune, that's the important part.
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

do cars sound better with high-flow cats or no cats at all?

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X