headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers

was wondering if there would be a difference in power/heat if i chose the regular black finish on the pacesetter headers opposed to the chrome. is the chrome only for show or does it actually perform better etc. little tight on $$$ so shiny things arnt too important.

also are the pacesetter the best way to go is the rk better or some other brand?

Re: headers

nobody has tested the temp differences between the two. As for what I would do even if I was tight on money, I would get the coated pacesetters.

Both pacesetters and rksports have had issues with leaks, so neither stands out too much over the other one
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

The painted ones work fine but you need to put some form of high heat paint on them. I sandblasted them then sprayed them with high temp header paint then cured the paint on the car by running the engine.

Comment

the coating isn't chrome, it's a ceramic coating.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...les1.php?id=24

Comment

the coating keeps the headers kooler. they do look nicer also. as for the leaks...it kinda depends on how they get put on, gaskets etc. i've had mine on for 3 years with not one single problem.

btw...i have pacesetter painted headers
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

also the coated headers wont rust as fast as the painted ones.
            i go with the coated if it was me.

-Y87
            Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

i agree that the coated look better. the painted ones will look like cr@p the same day you put them on. but if you don't care about the way the bay looks, just get the painted.

when i run out of projects i will change mine to coated headers. but if your just looking for a fast cheapER mod, painted will do the trick.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

ok i just bought the painted ones yesterday, wat i want to know is how big of a pain in the *** are these to put on?, and wat do you guys think will work better, a magnaflow hi-flo cat, or just a straight empty pipe, i can do either so it dont matter but just wondering what everybody thinks here?? thank

Comment

I like the sound of my hallowed cat.. and the smell :) but I havent put headers on yet so I couldn't tell ya. Performance wise.. yeah it totally moves the gasses tons better but I don't know if its something you'll really feel. The idiot light will come on too so if you do get a straight pipe get an 02 simulator or a tune. I went with an 02 sim from http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/ yeah and I havent had a single problem with it yet after ehh 3-4 months.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ceramic coated! and go at LEAST mid tube headers - or save till you can afford them. Ceramic coating not only looks better but reduces under hood temperatures and protects the headers from corrosion. I wouldn't get headers unless I could afford to get ceramic coated NOT JUST CHROME.

As for the other inquiry, I would go with a high flow cat instead of nothing, high flow cats dont hurt your flow to any noticable extent, and it will reduce that raspy popping noises that v6's are known for. Magnaflow and Random make great cats. Haven't heard anything bad about Dynomax's high flows either.

Comment

ok well i have already bought the painted ones and i will upgrade later to the cia's but as off right now is there any way to take those o2 sensers out of the stock manifolds, my cars is not road worthy right now, has no y pipe and back, any those damn o2 sensers are the only thing in my way as of now but i just cant get them out, any tips on how to take the bastards out!!!

Comment

http://www2.turbov6camaro.com:443/header.htm
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                          and go at LEAST mid tube headers
                          you say that like we have a choice...

Comment

get The Abbott Gaskets
                            www.turbov6camaro.com
                            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X