Need Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help.

So I'm having exhaust leak problems. And here are the options im presenting and wanting to know which would be the best route to go. Exhaust leaks isn't the only problem. On my car it seems to me, I have the American Thunder cat-back, that my muffler hangs a little low? the passenger tailpipe seems to go more downward than straight out and the flowmaster clamps suck major ***, I've had 3 break on me since I got it installed in December. I have 3 exhaust leaks. One on the where the clamp is connecting the resonator to the over axle pipe and once where a muffler shop did a ****ty job after the resonator pipe, so on both sides. I also have a leak on my pipe after my catco hi-flo cat. It's on the pipe not on the y-pipe. So should I...

1) Get a new exhaust system, would go Magnaflow cat-back and then get a new pipe connecting cat to the y-pipe.

2) Go to a muffler shop and have them put new piping from the over axle pipe all the way up to cat and then more piping from y-pipe to the cat.

3) Keep patch welding it and hopefully get it finished.

I really don't want to spend $430 on a Magnaflow cat-back but if thats what it comes down to. I like the Flowmaster sound, but the way that it sits under the car just kind looks not clean? I am just so sick of these leaks...they are driving me insane. Unless somebody close to Watertown, WI wants to help me out personally, I'm really left to a muffler shop to do maybe a good job.

Re: Need Help.

Nothin beats a good exaust shop when you find one. Ask around and look for a shop that does good work for cheap. Thats what I did and I ended up finding a dude who has saved me many headaches and lots of money. Infact he does such a good job and for so cheap that I usually tip him... then again thats in southern california where theres shops one every corner, but im sure if you ask around you will find someone...

Comment

Re: Need Help.

Originally posted by 00FlowCamaro
      On my car it seems to me, I have the American Thunder cat-back, that my muffler hangs a little low?
      have an exhaust shop adjust your hangers
      the passenger tailpipe seems to go more downward than straight out
      have an exhaust shop straighten your tips
      and the flowmaster clamps suck major ***, I've had 3 break on me since I got it installed in December. I have 3 exhaust leaks. One on the where the clamp is connecting the resonator to the over axle pipe and once where a muffler shop did a ****ty job after the resonator pipe, so on both sides. I also have a leak on my pipe after my catco hi-flo cat. It's on the pipe not on the y-pipe.
      remove all clamps and have an exhaust shop weld the pipes together

3) Keep patch welding it and hopefully get it finished.
      ^do this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X