Anyone With Slp Maf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone With Slp Maf

So how does this hool up to my 98 v6? i know SLP says its only for the v* but other ppl tend to disagree. so if ANYONE could help me, show me pictures, or anything id appreciate it.
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Re: Anyone With Slp Maf

you could use it but you would have to plug up the maf hole and also to help the flow you would need to cut the post out of the tb. Then put the SLP maf in front of the TB inline from your lid

It can be done, there are a few turbo guys that have tried it out, but you will not see any gains from it if you have no way of tuning your car or not FI.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

what I think imma try to do is go to the Junk YArd and get another tb, cut it in half to where i keep the tb but get rid of the maf and fit the new SLP MAF on there. Would that work?
      1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
      - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

but do you have any way of tuning. You are not going to see any gains from doing this you do realize though right?

If you are not maxing out your maf there is no reason to do this mod you are trying to create.

If you used it you would then need to get the 3-5 wire mod from zzp and also load up the 98 ls1 MAF tables into your computer.

What mods do you have done to your car to warrant using this MAF?

Comment

I understand that it wont help now, but it wont hurt either. i was going to go a head and tune when i cam in a few months. will it be alright untill then?
          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
            I understand that it wont help now, but it wont hurt either. i was going to go a head and tune when i cam in a few months. will it be alright untill then?
            no you would need to tune it as soon as you installed it or yes it would hurt your engine.

Even with a cam it is just a waste of money. You are not maxing the stock one out at all. Turbo cars or large Dry shot nitrous cars max the stock MAF out and have to look for other MAFs.

Comment

i assumed you bought this part off me cause you were going turbo or n20, I said, just as RS did, this maf does work......It has to go inline with your tb. If you dont have the means to remove your stock tb, LEAVE IT, it wont hurt anything being in there, and yes, it needs to be tuned to work correctly.

Comment

. . . . . . I HATE MY LIFE:cry:
                1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

sell it in the v8 boards like ls1tech or camaroz28.com

or even ebay.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X