Connecting I-pipe to Magnaflow Carsound... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting I-pipe to Magnaflow Carsound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting I-pipe to Magnaflow Carsound...

Will I need to buy a couple of three hole flanges to mount my cat back to the rear of the cat? (Magnaflow Catback and Magnaflow Carsound Cat)

Also, on Pacesetters, the very end of the y-pipe is 3" diameter, correct? So in theory, in an attempt to not create a bottleneck, buy 3" cat and catback?

Once things are put into place, where does the exhaust need to be welded? I've thought about it, and from what I can come up with will be all connections into the muffler, and on both sides of the cat? Thanks guys.

BTW, I'm not nervous about doing my exhaust at all....... :omg:

Re: Connecting I-pipe to Magnaflow Carsound...

you need an spipe too

The term "cat-back" is so misleading
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

On the Magnaflow, doesn't this piece work in place of the s-pipe? I was under the impression that the problem with the s-pipe was when you were running custom pipes, not a full cat-back system...

Also, how do you avoid a bottleneck in an exhaust system? Because I was reading the tech article, and it says if you upgrade to a larger cat back system AND larger catalytic converter, you create a bottleneck. I'm a little confused on this...
      Last edited by Disruptore4; 07-26-2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disruptore4
        Will I need to buy a couple of three hole flanges to mount my cat back to the rear of the cat? (Magnaflow Catback and Magnaflow Carsound Cat)
        A 3" band-clamp would be more effective.

Also, on Pacesetters, the very end of the y-pipe is 3" diameter, correct? So in theory, in an attempt to not create a bottleneck, buy 3" cat and catback?
        yup

Once things are put into place, where does the exhaust need to be welded?
        on either side of the cat, where the s-pipe and I-pipe meet, where the I-pipe and over-axle pipe meet, where the over-axle pipe meets the muffler, and at the hangers for the muffler.

Also, how do you avoid a bottleneck in an exhaust system? Because I was reading the tech article, and it says if you upgrade to a larger cat back system AND larger catalytic converter, you create a bottleneck. I'm a little confused on this...
        If you got that tech article from this site, go ahead and disregard anything it said...if you have piping of all the same diameter, the only bottleneck you're going to get is a little at the cat and a little more at the muffler.

Comment

Dont forget to pick up a few muffler bearings for the new system

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=10

Comment

Originally posted by shellshock

First time i've had that joke played on me... I DID google search by the way...

BTW, thanks SmokePanther...

However, if I order the 3" Magnaflow, will I still need to get a 3" s-pipe fabricated (or buy one)? I just need to know... From my picture above, it looks like I won't need one, because I have been under my car before and in the picture it looks like I should be just fine... Thanks guys!
            Last edited by Disruptore4; 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

So apparently I was a bit confused on the fact that Magnaflow didn't have a 3" exhaust system, and I ordered a 3" cat for my car... Now I'm a bit pissed, because I have a cat, and nothing to do with it unless I buy some reducers, etc... Does anyone know of a 3" cat-back system?

Comment

magnaflow has both a 2.5" and 3" system

Comment

That's what I thought, but I can't seem to find it on any website to buy it... :omg:

Comment

Originally posted by shellshock

I didnt know such a site existed. Thats awesome

Comment

Here's some good deals

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXHAU...spagenameZWDVW

This looks like the best deal on the new quad tip system:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...spagenameZWD1V

Comment

What would be necessary for getting the LS1 Magnaflow 3" exhaust installed on the V6? Is it direct bolt up? or...?

Comment

What would be necessary for getting the LS1 Magnaflow 3" exhaust installed on the V6? Is it direct bolt up? or...?
                          what year is your car? 98+ should be a direct/nearly direct bolt up...

93-97 hangars are different, inlet/outlets on the muffler are different as well...

meaning buy LT1 for 93-97 or LS1 for 98+
                          1999 Camaro Z/28
                          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X