OK, I put the Flowmaster 80 on and... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, I put the Flowmaster 80 on and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I put the Flowmaster 80 on and...

It's a nice tone change over stock! I installed it right into the stock pipes and it fit great after some minor adjustments. The sound surprised me a bit at how quiet it still was... I also was expecting to see a resonator under the car but I only saw the factory Cat. What will happen if I put in a high flow cat? what will change?

Re: OK, I put the Flowmaster 80 on and...

not much, the tone will be a little better, but it will help with rasp

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I did notice a bit of rasp up top when I get on it from a slower speed - it doesen't bother me, but you guys think that will go away a bit with a high flow Cat? Also how much louder will it really make it? deeper? and If I were to do pacesetter headers eventually should I even bother with the high flow Cat?

Comment

if you want loud just put a cut out on your exhaust... but headers and high flow with this will help out a bit.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

it'll probally get even quiter after a few days, once it breaks in.

a highflow cat wont make a big difference in sound, a tad louder and deeper, but thats it.probally barely noticable. headers will make it noticablly louder, but again, its not going to make it twice as loud or anything.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

On My 99 Firebird Was It Normal That I Had No Resonator? Also What Size High Flow Cat Should I Buy?
            Last edited by RAZOR Z; 07-19-2007, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAZOR Z
              On My 99 Firebird Was It Normal That I Had No Resonator? Also What Size High Flow
              Cat Should I Buy?
              im not famlilar with flowmaster kits, but i think the " american thunder " kits are the ones with the resonator.

stock Y pipe is 3", but what size cat back did you get? 2.5" or the 3"? what size S pipe do you have?
              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I installed it right into the stock pipes-

-How hard are the pacesetter headers to install?

Comment

headers will def make it sound way better do the free intake if you dont have it yet and try to get some headers which will come with a y-pipe and do the s-pipe and high flow cat or no cat and you will have a full exhaust plus you will be very happy with the sound and performence:banana: :burn:

Comment

If you installed the muffler onto the stock pipes, then there will be no resonator. The resonator comes with the American Thunder catback from flowmaster, and you really dont need the resonator. I was one of the first to cut it off and most people that bought that exhaust since have done the same.
                    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

I have the 80 as well with the rest of the pipe stock. Leave the exhaust just like that if you don't want it to sound like a rasp factory. Our cars are v six's not v eight's. you are never going to achieve that sound no matter what you do. If you want the thing to sound decent just keep the stock pipes on and put on an 80 series with 2.25". v6's sound like garbage with the cat off and mandral tubing larger than the stock. I am just so sick of hearing these exhaust clips of people's cars sounding hallarious.

Comment

sO ARE YOU EVEN AGAINST THE HIGH FLOW CAT?

Comment

Originally posted by coburnaburna
                          I have the 80 as well with the rest of the pipe stock. Leave the exhaust just like that if you don't want it to sound like a rasp factory. Our cars are v six's not v eight's. you are never going to achieve that sound no matter what you do. If you want the thing to sound decent just keep the stock pipes on and put on an 80 series with 2.25". v6's sound like garbage with the cat off and mandral tubing larger than the stock. I am just so sick of hearing these exhaust clips of people's cars sounding hallarious.
                          Lets hear your sound clip... :poke:
                          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

I, myself would not worry about a high flow cat. The horsepower gains you will get are so minute it's not worth it in my opinion. I will gladly take a smooth sounding exhaust over a 2 hp or less gain any day. i dont have a clip, but will record one on my cell.

Comment

Hey yeti, I got a grill for you. I am in Ohio too, so shipping will be cheap. It's the stock (black) grill from my 00' z28. I put on the billet and iv'e been lookin to get rid of it ever since.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X