Lid & Cai or K&N FIPK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid & Cai or K&N FIPK?

Lets say money is no option here you can have either set up which would you go with and why?
    Lid & SLP Cold Air Induction
    50.00%
    K&N FIPK
    50.00%
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: Lid & Cai or K&N FIPK?

if you had a ram air hood i would say k&n if not then slp.
    With just a stock hood the k&n intake is just pulling in hot engine bay air vs the cooler air infront of the radiator with the slp

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I agree. Since I have a stock hood, I went with the Lid & CAI.

Comment

wouldn't it work the same witht he lid and ram air hood? it would still be forcing cooler air into the lid so an ss hood and a lid would work better as a team than a stock hood and lid correct..
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

have you actually seen an slp intake? All the air from a slp intake comes from the bottom of the car, so a ram air hood wouldnt do much because the air from the hood is coming in from the top of the car. And because the slp intake + lid is sealed, you are only getting air from the bottom of the car.
          does that make sence?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

bringin back a dead thread...so the slp's lid is sealed off? so there is no opening at the front of the lid like normaly? say with this kit: http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...cfe0b244560d7e

I know its for the V8 and wouldnt work on my car, but im just curious.

Comment

if installed correctly, yes the lid is sealed off.

Comment

K&N FIPK Gen2 FTW.
                2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X