Will V8 Factory Ram Air CAI work on 3.8? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will V8 Factory Ram Air CAI work on 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will V8 Factory Ram Air CAI work on 3.8?

About a month ago I bought a ws6 hood and I recently got it on the car and opened up the ram air. Im looking for a cold air intake but I can already tell a lil gain in the hp with the factory v6 intake (its pretty much the same thing its just the v8 ram air is a little bit more open and better flowing than the v6). I really dont want to buy one of those K&N open filters cause I just think it takes away from the look of the car and I was wondering if a factory ram air cai box on the v8 would bolt right up to the stock v6 mounts and right into the intake manifold? Maybe if someones done it and could tell me how it worked it would be a great help!

Thanks

Re: Will V8 Factory Ram Air CAI work on 3.8?

He said it was a 2000 in another thread. There will be some problems you will encounter. 1, if you get a free flowing lid like a whisper lid the raised intake the WS6 has won't fit under the stock v6 hood. You would be better off with just the whisper lid and possibly a under car ram air kit like SLP and Fast Toys sells or if you want you could buy a ram air hood. There is very little to be gained with the raised air box off or a WS6 anyway.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Maybe I'm confused... Didn't he just put the ws6 hood on his car? If so, well I honestly don't know, but I just wanted to get that cleared up for posts to come in this thread lol...
      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Somehow I missed the first sentence. If you have the WS6 hood then yes the WS6 air box will bolt right up, but you will need to use a V6 lid.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X