Magnaflow or flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnaflow or flowmaster

a friend of mine has a gtp with the supercharged 3.8 4 door that runs high 11s, and it still has rasp. So all of you who claim you have "no rasp" are full of ****

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

ive got the magnaflow 2.5 system on my 3.4 you are waitin on and i love it. but since its a v6 you're always gonna have a raspier sound than the LT-1's. My buddy has the flowmasters on his 3.8 and you can barely hear them. magnaflows were a great choice

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
        a friend of mine has a gtp with the supercharged 3.8 4 door that runs high 11s, and it still has rasp. So all of you who claim you have "no rasp" are full of ****
        bro how are u goin to go around tellin ppl there full of **** when every cars different? Some of our cars rasp alot, others rasp barely and theres those few of us who dont rasp at all...Im not saying that the magnaflows in general arent gunna rasp, infact i dun know what its gunna sound like on ur car cause its gunna be different from mine...just like we can do the exact same mods and dyno different numbers. Running 11's has absolutly nuthing to do with raspiness in your exhaust cause theres old muscle cars that run 16's and are way throatier then any of our cars.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
          bro how are u goin to go around tellin ppl there full of **** when every cars different? Some of our cars rasp alot, others rasp barely and theres those few of us who dont rasp at all...Im not saying that the magnaflows in general arent gunna rasp, infact i dun know what its gunna sound like on ur car cause its gunna be different from mine...just like we can do the exact same mods and dyno different numbers. Running 11's has absolutly nuthing to do with raspiness in your exhaust cause theres old muscle cars that run 16's and are way throatier then any of our cars.
          because rasp isnt caused by different mods it's caused by the fireing order of the v6, and to say you have "no rasp at all" i say again you are full of ****.
          do you even know what rasp sounds like?
          unless you post a sound clip of your car, and prove me wrong, ill keep my last statements.
          because with some headers and a muffler, i highly doubt that you have "no rasp at any rpm range."

and those old mucle cars have v8s, so of course they are going to sound throatier. I am talking about a car with the same exsact engine. I mearly posted the fat that he runs 11s to show that no matter how many mods you have on your car it's still gona have rasp; it might be minimal, but you will still have rasp.
          Last edited by Meatyshells; 07-26-2007, 12:51 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I bought my firebird with a flowmaster catback. but the guy put a cherry bomb glass pack in the middle of the exhaust. it makes it deeper and i think it sounds better than just the flowmasters.

Comment

NOT A FAN OF GLASS PACKS, GET REAL RASPY AFTER A FEW. :cry:
              1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
              - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                because rasp isnt caused by different mods it's caused by the fireing order of the v6, and to say you have "no rasp at all" i say again you are full of ****.
                do you even know what rasp sounds like?
                unless you post a sound clip of your car, and prove me wrong, ill keep my last statements.
                because with some headers and a muffler, i highly doubt that you have "no rasp at any rpm range."

and those old mucle cars have v8s, so of course they are going to sound throatier. I am talking about a car with the same exsact engine. I mearly posted the fat that he runs 11s to show that no matter how many mods you have on your car it's still gona have rasp; it might be minimal, but you will still have rasp.
                Yes I know what rasp sounds like. Yes I know that those old muscle cars were v8's and thats why they sound throaties I just used that to prove exactly what you said the mods/how fast you run arent gunna change whether it rasps.
                That being said I also know its from the firing order, and like I said I cant explain why I dont have any rasp I just dont I'm lucky I suppose.
                Unfortunatly I dont have anything to take a video or sound clip with or I would, but If anybody comes down to T.O hit me with a PM. Otherwise I dun know what to say? believe what you want, Im not goin to lose sleep over it, I know what my car sounds like.

As far as which is better magnaflow or flowmaster...Ive only had the magnaflow so i cant speak for flowmaster, but I am quite happy with the magnaflow if that helps any.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

:) :) :)
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                    Yes I know what rasp sounds like. Yes I know that those old muscle cars were v8's and thats why they sound throaties I just used that to prove exactly what you said the mods/how fast you run arent gunna change whether it rasps.
                    That being said I also know its from the firing order, and like I said I cant explain why I dont have any rasp I just dont I'm lucky I suppose.
                    Unfortunatly I dont have anything to take a video or sound clip with or I would, but If anybody comes down to T.O hit me with a PM. Otherwise I dun know what to say? believe what you want, Im not goin to lose sleep over it, I know what my car sounds like.

As far as which is better magnaflow or flowmaster...Ive only had the magnaflow so i cant speak for flowmaster, but I am quite happy with the magnaflow if that helps any.
                    mayb your car was a v8 in a past life:p

Comment

I say never to Flowmaster on f-bodies.
                      01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
                      AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
                      www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
                      www.vaperz.com
                      PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X