Finally! Found the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! Found the problem

Alright so I started back up with trying to find my problem with a noise i was having...Dan you should know what I'm talking about. Heres how it went.

The first thing i did was cut off the cat and see if that was the problem...it didnt seem to be, so i had it put back on. I then just yesterday had a muffler shop weld up the spots i had cut, but the problem still existed. Last night i went to Autozone picked up a new o2 sensor and took the old one out. The old one had stuff broken off inside and was rattling to no insane end, so that was 1/2 the problem. I started knocking on the cat last night just to second check myself, because when i started driving her around last night there still was a noise...not as bad though. So now the cat has something shaking in it and I'm going to get it replaced. So here is what im asking.

I want a hi-flow cat and wondering what size I should go with and what brands have worked best for you all? I have the stock cat and everything yet. I have a 2000 3.8
    Last edited by 00FlowCamaro; 06-23-2007, 10:34 AM.

Re: Finally! Found the problem

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Comment

im using a catco... no problems with it. one of the cheaper ones also.
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

catco here too with no issues, execpt for a ses light.

magnaflow and catco/carsound are both good cats. check summit and ebay out for them.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by 00FlowCamaro
          I want a hi-flow cat and wondering what size I should go with and what brands have worked best for you all? I have the stock cat and everything yet. I have a 2000 3.8
          size is easy...w/e size your piping is is the size you want. Carsound/magnaflow are pretty popular...but, if you don't mind having Capt. Planet on your balls, gut it and save the cash.

Comment

Isn't it rather difficult to gut our cats? When putting on a hi-flow cat you want to cut it off the previous cat, so how would your SES light go off if you still kept the part where you put in the o2 sensor?

Comment

Isn't it rather difficult to gut our cats?
              No, unless you're a girly-man...it's just smashing the mesh material out.
              When putting on a hi-flow cat you want to cut it off the previous cat, so how would your SES light go off if you still kept the part where you put in the o2 sensor?
              it goes off because the gases are flowing at a higher velocity, which is mis-diagnosed as a faulty cat

Comment

I would want to get an 02 simulator or whatever those are called so the SES light doesnt go off then, right? If i were to put on a hi-flow cat.

Comment

I would want to get an 02 simulator or whatever those are called so the SES light doesnt go off then, right? If i were to put on a hi-flow cat.
                  either that or just delete the code

Comment

How do you delete the code?

Comment

I'm running the MagnaFlow on my 2000. Highly recommended.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

How do you delete the code?
                        get a tune.
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X