Cai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cai

So i bought a CAI a while back, basically i just yanked out the old air box and what I bought was basically a pipe and a K&N filter, it still seems like the air is restricted but im not sure. Would i really be able to tell a difference if I went with the SLP CAI or is it not worth the money?

Re: Cai

here is what my CAI looks like, I think it is restricting the air flow would it be worth it to upgrade to SLP ?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96...32909977QQrdZ1

Comment

what you could do is buy some pipe, hook it up to the thottle body and run it down to the fender, then put your cone filter on the end. What you have right now is still restricting airflow because the air silencer is still there (the big box in front of the radiator). Get rid of that in some way and you'd be set. Cheapest way, would be to do like I said. Personally, I bought a LT1 CAI for cheap off eBay used ($60), and then put it on my TB with the help of a 90* 4" to 3" reducing elbow from www.intakehoses.com . A CAI from a 3.4 or LT1 will work on yout 3.8 with the help of that elbow.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

so basically you are saying something along the lines of this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3859826&rd=1,1

Comment

is this what you are talking about? http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...ory_Code=R9DEN

Comment

Yes and Yes. But, if you get that intake, you don't need the elbow, since it goes right to the TB. I was saying if you get an intake from a 3.4, LT1, or 3.8 claiming they lost the elbow, that'll work, along with a 3" connector (also available on that site).

Here's that sleeve
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Comment

Its probably just easier to buy that whole kit on ebay instead of buying all these individual parts not knowing if it would actually work right

Comment

The "FULL COLD" is the one I bought. I really like it too. Has a nice "whoooshing" sound of the air, especially with sudden throttle. Totally does away with the silencer.

And I agree with statecamaro, would seem easier to just buy the full cold one instead of mixing and matchign parts. But then again, some people enjoy doing that. Up to you.

Comment

What I'm saying is buy a used one for a 3.4 or LT1 (can be found for like $75-$150 on eBay) and then use those two parts to put it on your 3.8. Buying the full CAI from ebay will work just the same, but if you want a name brand CAI, then my way would be alot cheaper than buying new.
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Comment

Well the FULL CAI on ebay are like $70 bucks shipped so i might just do that, and then ill just sell my old CAI

Comment

That sounds like a good idea. The brand name ones are good (I have an SLP), but expensive. And aside from looking cool with dual tubes and filters, it's the same basic thing anyway. Save the money if you can.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X