Cold Air Kits for different models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold Air Kits for different models?

Ok didnt end up with enough time to try and replace the oval airbox lid with something round... dont really think i could either but i just did the dryer vent ducting thing... Started off making my own sheet metal that went from 4" oval to about 2 3/4" round but by that time there wasnt enough space to fab anything in for the bend. Would probably work if i had actual tubing...

so i went to home depot and picked up 4" dryer vent ducting tube...the kind that sits on the shelf like a tube, not the kind that comes in a box that looks like cheap *** aluminum foil wrapped around a slinky... formed it in there to fit, which worked nice bc it goes right over the TB and has a large enough circumference to be larger than the oval side so after some forming it just slides over that too... drilled a hole for the sensor, painted it with black high temp engine paint, coated most of the inside with a thin layer of silicone to smooth out the little ridges in the ductin and siliconed the sensor in so it wouldnt leak, since it was hard to to get an exact fit since the area would strech a little causing the hole to deform. put it on clamped it down n got a decent looking silencer delete.

Car sounds louder now when getting on it and at idle. Didnt notice as much power gain as i thought i would with this and the free ram air mod. Going to the track this weekend so ill see if it actually affects the ET at all since it will be the same track at around the same temperatures and humidity.

And sorry for the long post. Just writing it all out so if some1 else has a 98 and wants to do the samething they can look here or be refered to this and can ask me questions if they want... i searched for hours and didnt really find that much.

Now for the pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a 98 and done the dryer hose thing. lol. looks bad i think. And i cant tell a differnce in the sound. sounds the same as it did with the silencer...

Comment

i thought you said you got the stuff that didn't look like aluminum foil wrapped around a slinky..?
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          i thought you said you got the stuff that didn't look like aluminum foil wrapped around a slinky..?

Yea i see what ur thinking... the stuff i gott is pretty much all metal... my aluminum foil/slinky comment was referring to the dryer vent stuff that comes in a lil box that has like a flaky/shiny aluminum foil wrapped around a metal coil that resembles a slinky

Comment

So i had the car at the track all weekend... and i dont think the free ram air and silencer delete did anything at in the means of a quicker ET. I only had two runs, at a different track, prior to doing the modifications and the comparison between the slips is that the car got slower by doing these modifications... i cant blame it all on the modifications considering the it was a different track about a month and a half later, so the temperature, humidity, and altitude were a bit different... so thats my two cents on the whole discussion.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X