header gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header gaskets

So abbottracingheads.com tells me they are out of stock on their header gaskets, and i just bought pacesetter headers and kinda want to put them on this weekend, SO are there any alternative/ comparable gaskets to the abbott racing gaskets that I could buy and have by this weekend?

Re: header gaskets

? Also if I use high temp sealant on the paper pacesetter gaskets will i still need to get really nice gaskets, and if i get the really nice gaskets do i still need to use high temp sealant?

Comment

I have heard that a new pair of stock gaskets are good. As for the silicone, I dont know.

Comment

Where can i get new stock gaskets? Can i just hit up a chevy dealership?

Comment

K I think i found some stock gaskets, they would be considered manifold gaskets correct? Heres a link to what i found, let me know http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Comment

Originally posted by DegrezzE
            I have heard that a new pair of stock gaskets are good. As for the silicone, I dont know.

I dotn recommend using stock gaskets with headers. If you look at your headers the piping are circle in shape and the stock manifolds are almost square which the stock gaskets are as well. This will restrice the flow coming from the block to the headers a little bit. Do not use stock gaskets with aftermarket headers.
            01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
            AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
            www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
            www.vaperz.com
            PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

So abbottracingheads are out of gaskets right now and they dont know when they are getting more in, SO the questions is....are the pacesetter gaskets REALLY that bad, even if I use high temp sealent on them??? I dont really want to wait 2 weeks or longer to put in my headers cuz of gaskets. Or does anyone know where I can buy some gaskets that would be better than the pacesetter ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X