SLP/Whisper Lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP/Whisper Lid?

What is the difference bewteen in the inside of an aftermarket intake lid and a stock intake lid?

Re: SLP/Whisper Lid?

One's smoothe one's got fins.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Stock has an oval shaped outlet, while whisper has a perfectly round one for better airflow.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

and it lets you get rid of the air baffles.

-Y87
        Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

ok thanks guys... i can see how the larger airflow diameter and no baffles would help for sure... but the fins? it almost seems to me that the 'no fins' is a marketing technique to say its high performance n charge n *** load of money for something no so difficult to mass produce...

IMO... the fins should help... they would help to direct the turbulent air that would be comming thru the filter... granted the fins in the stock lids all go in the same direction which isnt as helpful as it should be... but the fins that go straight towards the outlet to the motor would help streamline the air n break down the tubulance giving the motor a nicer breath of air... itd be more like a waterfall of air falling in the intake rather swirling currents of air that does not all make its way...if u can follow my logic

anybody else hear what im sayin?

Comment

Originally posted by Frechles71

anybody else hear what im sayin?
            sorry no, i only see what you typed
            c(=

Comment

having "fins" on the inside surface of the tube won't do much for airflow.

ideally, you want laminar flow going into the MAF -- the only way to acheive that would be to have a "fin" or separator going down the middle of the tube, for its entire diameter... hard to describe, the SLP CAI kit for the 3rd gen's has what I'm referring to.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X