glasspack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glasspack

anybody have the sound of a glasspack on a 6 camaro? i just know they are cheaper way to change the sound, and idk how well it would sound. i can't have my car be this quiet, and i don't have alot of money, so im looking for something cheaper to do witht he exhaust and have it still sound good

edit: looked at the sounds of cutouts, and they sound liek what im looking for. how many people have them andhow many like them?
    Last edited by Flurgen; 05-19-2007, 01:36 AM.

Re: glasspack

well i like it to a point...then u get tired of it and want to put the cap back on it... not sure what a glasspack sounds like on our cars...if u can afford it ide get a magnaflow or borla cat back thats the top 2 everyone on here suggests...i have flowmaster 40 with dual outlets sounds good but not as loud and good as the 2 i listed

Comment

I had a glasspack... for about a week. That was the amount of time it took Summit to send me new pipes and a Flowmaster 80 series... just say no! :twak:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

really leaning to a cutout. i had a tiburon that i had a semi loud exhaust on and i never got sick of hearing the car. its just something ive always loved. any idea how much it costs for a muffler shop to put a cutout on?

Comment

loud exhaust and a cut out is totally different...a cut-out is just stupid loud it dont sound good...unless u got a cam and headers i wouldnt get a cut-out, get a borla or magnaflow cat-back

Comment

anybody have any sound clips of a cutout on a stock exhuast on v6 camaro?

Comment

there are cheaper alternatives to the pay-out-of-your-butt expensive magnaflow and Borla...Dynomax sounds really good on the 6, so does a thrush, but over time the thrush will start to sound like ur buzzing through a trumpet mouthpiece. i'd say dynomax. not dirt cheap, but cheaper than the higher lines and just as good and throaty to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan
                there are cheaper alternatives to the pay-out-of-your-butt expensive magnaflow and Borla...Dynomax sounds really good on the 6, so does a thrush, but over time the thrush will start to sound like ur buzzing through a trumpet mouthpiece. i'd say dynomax. not dirt cheap, but cheaper than the higher lines and just as good and throaty to me.
                well from what ive seen on ebay the 1's i listed isnt that expensive...ide say buy the muffler and have the rest done by a muffler shop...

Comment

i have a 3.4l so the exhaust has a different tone to it, but i'm really happy with my flowmaster catback. it was pretty cheap, the tips are nice (nothin fancy though) and installation was a breeze.

and it sounds awesome.
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

been looking around all night, and when people put flowmaster 80 series, is that just the muffler with tips? cuz everything that ive seen flowmaster 80 series i love the sound to.

Comment

I have a full borla cat-back on ebay...

there's a link in the FOR SALE forums
                      1999 Camaro Z/28
                      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Flurgen
                        been looking around all night, and when people put flowmaster 80 series, is that just the muffler with tips? cuz everything that ive seen flowmaster 80 series i love the sound to.
                        flowmaster makes a full catback, complete with an extra resonator for the 3.8l to enhance the sound.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

I have a Magnaflow muffler and quad tips and I love the sound. Get what you really want. If you like the Flowmaster sound then go with that. Maybe you'll get lucky like I did. I ordered a Flowmaster muffler but the guy put on the Magnaflow, which is more expensive, to match my Magnaflow tips and didn't charge me for it. At first I was mad. Then I heard the sound and it was all better. After all was said and done I paid about $355.

Comment

i think at this point im just gonna save up about 400 and decide then, because i do not wanna get something and regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic
                              flowmaster makes a full catback, complete with an extra resonator for the 3.8l to enhance the sound.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
                              the resonator does not make it sound better:poke:
                              !resanator
                              it sounds much better with it off.

-Y87
                              Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X