Will I pass inspection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I pass inspection?

I removed my silencer and replaced it with a tube. I was wondering, if I get my car inspected, will it pass?
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Will I pass inspection?

as in your air silencer? yeah.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

..I just passed CT inspection with a 3" to 3" high flow cat...I couldn't believe it...if only my car would not "cough"...

Comment

Originally posted by LouisC
        ..I just passed CT inspection with a 3" to 3" high flow cat...I couldn't believe it...
        why cant you believe it? high flow cats are 100% legal.
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

They might be legal but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to pass inspection because it also depends on how clean your motor is, how your sensors are functioning, etc. I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm almost ready to add a cat-back exhaust but I can't afford to fail a metro emissions inspection. I put 20k on my car a year and don't want to be without it for extended periods of time while trying to troubleshoot that kinda stuff.

I'm glad to know others are passing inspections properly. Gives me confidence when I add my new exhaust soon.
          2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

never be scared to put a cat back system on. All it does is benefit your car!!

That would be the problem to passing smog or w/e

Comment

Originally posted by Kronic Budz
              never be scared to put a cat back system on. All it does is benefit your car!!

That would be the problem to passing smog or w/e
              That's my hope! Every time I turn around, they keep cranking down the emissions restrictions so you just never know. I blame Al Gore. :)

Comment

i dont think a cat-back will hurt emmissions, after the cat the exhaust stays clean no matter what u do...its all in the sensors and cat, if cat is bad then u wont pass

Comment

Well the way I feel about it, since I've already had to replace my stock cat (because it was bad but fortunately under warranty...knew another Camaro owner who had the same problem), I'm sure I'll be better off getting rid of the 2nd stock cat ASAP. Heh

Comment

where do you live?
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Nashville, TN. They used to be fairly easy-going but since Al Gore got back to town (he lives 45 mins outside of town), he and his buddies have started trying to clean up the air. I'm all for it because Nashville is in a bowl and the air quality is awful most days. People here (myself included) all have allergies and lung problems because of the air quality. I just don't want to have to worry about not passing inspection. My car is flawless on emissions even after 7 years on the street.

Comment

as long as u keep the cat as is u wont have any problems...a catback wont hurt the emmissions of your car...the cat and 02's is the only thing u cant really tamper with unless u get a hi-flow cat. otherwise you will most likely pass

Comment

If only I could get the catalytic converter hump out of the passenger floor. I'm sure the new exhaust will be fine. I'm considering the Flowmaster exhaust. Not sure about the dual tailpipe setup but it sounds good and we have a local place that will install it properly for me. Seems like most V6ers have this setup, too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X