rk headers or pacesetter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rk headers or pacesetter?

What the hell are space bux?? Anyways, I read an article about the advantages of ceramic coated headers. According to them, the ceramic headers kept exhaust temperatures down by about 200 degrees. If I find that article again I'll put up a link to it. Space bux????

Comment

youve watched too much spaceballs.

just go for the cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
        youve watched too much spaceballs.

just go for the cheaper.
        hey its not a bad movie...."they jammed us sir"

anyhow, i think cheep too, but still no answer on what cost for install would be...

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
          hey its not a bad movie...."they jammed us sir"

anyhow, i think cheep too, but still no answer on what cost for install would be...
          Its not a bad movie... its a legendary one! "I knew it! I'm surrounded by A$$holes!"

Anyway, installation costs are going to vary alot depending on the shop and where you live. I've never asked shops here, but other people on this site have seen anywhere from $300 to closer to a grand. Seems 90% of people here reckon its better to do the install yourself.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

yeah, just get your hands dirty

Comment

I was quoted $300 to install headers. I bought the Pacesetter ceramic-coated from a private party unused for $250 shipped. (that's about the price you'd pay for painted new) If you go with the painted the black will burn off within a few days and they'll start to rust. The advantage of ceramic is mainly looks. I saved $300 and installed them myself. I used modified FWD 3100 gaskets, the RWD 60° Fel Pro gaskets will not work with headers, the center port surround is too thin. You could try another brand or use the Fiero gaskets. I also used Stage8 locking header bolts and 4 standard grade 10.1 bolts/nuts for the collector flanges. I have heard repeatedly that the RK Sport headers will leak at the collector flange. I have had no problems with my Pacesetters leaking at the head, collector or EGR at all. I did have 3 small issues with the Pacesetters. 1) welding flash around the primaries, EGR port and EGR flange threads. I cleaned it up with a dremel and a tap before installation. 2) a slight overhang inside the Y pipe, removed with the dremel. and 3) EGR flange threads were spaced slightly too far apart. I had to ream out my EGR flange bolt holes with a drill to get it to line up. More info and pics on my website.
              1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Originally posted by FunkZ
                I was quoted $300 to install headers. I bought the Pacesetter ceramic-coated from a private party unused for $250 shipped. (that's about the price you'd pay for painted new) If you go with the painted the black will burn off within a few days and they'll start to rust. The advantage of ceramic is mainly looks. I saved $300 and installed them myself. I used modified FWD 3100 gaskets, the RWD 60° Fel Pro gaskets will not work with headers, the center port surround is too thin. You could try another brand or use the Fiero gaskets. I also used Stage8 locking header bolts and 4 standard grade 10.1 bolts/nuts for the collector flanges. I have heard repeatedly that the RK Sport headers will leak at the collector flange. I have had no problems with my Pacesetters leaking at the head, collector or EGR at all. I did have 3 small issues with the Pacesetters. 1) welding flash around the primaries, EGR port and EGR flange threads. I cleaned it up with a dremel and a tap before installation. 2) a slight overhang inside the Y pipe, removed with the dremel. and 3) EGR flange threads were spaced slightly too far apart. I had to ream out my EGR flange bolt holes with a drill to get it to line up. More info and pics on my website.
                wow.... when it comes to hardcore engine work... i'm lost

Comment

That is not hardcore engine work. Hardcore engine work is changing pistons, cranks, cams,etc. Headers are exhaust related which is a bolt on application. The primaries are the tubes that come out from the exhaust side of the cylinder head. EGR is exhaus gas recirculator. It is its name, it brings exhaust gases back into the system via intake manifold. Since these cars are v6s, they have 3 primaries on each header. Now, you have two options:

1) Read, read, read, read, read and learn how to do things yourself. It will save you a lot of money and you can understand how things work at first. I would not recommend doing anything until you understand what things do.

2) Have a shop rape you on labor.

I recommend learning how things work and stick it out with number 1. If you mess something up, have the shop as your backup plan.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X