eliminating the gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eliminating the gains?

I have pacesetter headers/ypipe into a carsound cat into a stock S-pipe to a magnaflow exhaust system. Is the stock S-Pipe causing me to lose any power I could possibly be gaining? OR is this setup fine? (99 3.8 Bird)

Will the S-Pipe that SLP offers fix the problem?
    Last edited by v6JBird99; 05-16-2007, 07:34 AM.

Re: eliminating the gains?

the exhaust is only as free-flowing as it's greatest restriction

Comment

seems like the s pipe is your final piece to the puzzle, get one that will match the diameter of your magnaflow exhaust system (3" , 2.5" ) whichever it is. did you get a catback system? if you did why didnt it come with an s pipe?

Comment

I have the 2.5 system made for the V6. I think it came with a S-Pipe, and i don't know why it wasn't put on with the system. If infact I do have the SPipe will that weld up to my carsound cat with no problem?

Comment

Originally posted by v6JBird99
          I have the 2.5 system made for the V6. I think it came with a S-Pipe, and i don't know why it wasn't put on with the system. If infact I do have the SPipe will that weld up to my carsound cat with no problem?

ha, it would help to have that on, make sure the s pipe diameter matches to the cat converter, if it doesn't fit directly you can just have an adapter put on to make it fit the correct diameter, why wasn't it put on again?

Comment

haha i have know idea why it wasnt put on. Any exhaust place will have adapters so they can match the diameter right?
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by v6JBird99
              haha i have know idea why it wasnt put on. Any exhaust place will have adapters so they can match the diameter right?
              Thanks
              yes, it should not cost much

Comment

I was about to say. I too have a MagnaFlow system, and they come with the S pipe. Take it back to whoever installed it and tell them to finish the job. Or just have a friend do it. It should be really easy.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X