open exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open exhaust

Is it illegal to have open exhaust from cat? i live i houston ,tx if that helps

sorry if it's repost, tnx

Re: open exhaust

yes.. pretty much, any modifications to the exhaust from the factory is illegal
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

so most cops were to pull u over would they give ticket? if so how much?

Comment

Honestly it sounds terrible like that anyway so don't do it. Get a good catback and add a cutout to it if you want open exhaust for the track.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by junkey_chan
          so most cops were to pull u over would they give ticket? if so how much?
          every state, county, town and cop is different.

Comment

there are no smog and no sound limits in tx. so technically its not illegal, but would sound like shiz.
            2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

God Bless Texas
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by redbird00
                there are no smog and no sound limits in tx. so technically its not illegal, but would sound like shiz.
                maybe not texas but i bet a town in texas does

Comment

actaully it sounds good to me just a lil bit too loud but i like it...scares the shiz outta import drivers lol but if i were u ide get a cutout and see if u like the sound if not put a cap on it and ur good, ive had my cutout after the cat for awhile now and never got pulled over (im in tx) just take it easy on the gas pedal when u see a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird00
                    smog as in emmisions?? cuz thats a false statement in alot of areas in tx where i live its very strict as far as emmissions go. we have a test here in red oak.

Comment

I did this, and it was cool for about 2 days. Its just stupid loud. I got tired of it so I put on a magnaflow round body muffler/resonator and turn down. Still loud just no longer stupid loud...

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                        actaully it sounds good to me just a lil bit too loud but i like it...scares the shiz outta import drivers lol but if i were u ide get a cutout and see if u like the sound if not put a cap on it and ur good, ive had my cutout after the cat for awhile now and never got pulled over (im in tx) just take it easy on the gas pedal when u see a cop.

true i love it too, let's see how long it last

Comment

I did it for a day. It was horribe and anything other than idle.
                          Originally posted by kala
                          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                          parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                            I did it for a day. It was horribe and anything other than idle.
                            QFT there. At idle it sounded almost like a lightly cammed small V8. Very mean, but once you get anything above idle it was sick, and the very high rpms were incredibly raspy and ricey. That was open headers tho no cat or anything.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                              QFT there. At idle it sounded almost like a lightly cammed small V8. Very mean, but once you get anything above idle it was sick, and the very high rpms were incredibly raspy and ricey. That was open headers tho no cat or anything.
                              who cares if its raspy its a v6! its not a v8 so there for always have that sound to it...its not ricey either. cant do anything about how it sounds. imo its worse with a muffler as far as rasp goes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X