Header question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header question?

Ok this may sound like adumb question, but I was just curious. I am about 95% sure my headers are stock, when I look at them in the engine bay there is the stock "cover' over them so I can't physically see the headers. However my car seems to run louder than most catback only exhaust system. BTW I have a custom catback system installed by the previosu owner of the car who owned his own shop. So my question is, is there any obviosu way to tell if my headers are stock or if they are pacesetters or any other aftermarket brand?
    1999 y87 a4, american thunder cat-back, 3.42 gears, headers, grey racing stripes, billet grill, 17inch c5 rims

Re: Header question?

Originally posted by skatr
    Ok this may sound like adumb question, but I was just curious. I am about 95% sure my headers are stock, when I look at them in the engine bay there is the stock "cover' over them so I can't physically see the headers. However my car seems to run louder than most catback only exhaust system. BTW I have a custom catback system installed by the previosu owner of the car who owned his own shop. So my question is, is there any obviosu way to tell if my headers are stock or if they are pacesetters or any other aftermarket brand?

if there is a custom exhaust on there then it would be louder. If is still has the heat shields on it then most likely you have stock manifolds because with headers you cant put them back on....also when the manifolds are removed the heat shields are connected to them.

Comment

Re: Header question?

Yea yea that's what I meant that the heat shields were still on there so i figured it was stock ok thanks
      1999 y87 a4, american thunder cat-back, 3.42 gears, headers, grey racing stripes, billet grill, 17inch c5 rims

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X