Q about sound of this setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about sound of this setup

yea so this summer like early June im putting in about 1700 into my car and im getting pacesetter headers with a magnaflow carsound high flow cat with 3" inlet and outlet, and im gettin the 3" catback for the 1994-97 346cu.in. v8 from magnaflow(i no i got sum mounting mods to doto make it fit), along with FIPK, SSRA kit, and helix TBS. what i just wanted to know is that will this setup give me a ricey sound, or a deep powerful sound, and if not, what can i do (if anything) to NOT effect horsepower of the above setup that will give me the deep sound i want
    Last edited by blubbachub; 04-28-2007, 11:43 PM.

Re: Q about sound of this setup

the k&n fipk and SSRA kit won't work together. Also, spacers don't do much for our cars. You might want to spend your money elsewhere. Exhaust sounds like a nice setup though. Good luck.

Comment

If your seet on the ssra, then i would go with a whisper lid, and ditch the throttle body spacer, from what i've heard they do nothing. Buy an ls1 aluminum driveshaft instead, as far as sound goes, i'm going with a highflow catco cat with a magnaflow muffler, and corsa clone tips. Good luck though man let us know how it goes.

Comment

i know the ssra is supposed to be compatible with the whisper lid, but with a little fabrication by cutting a hole in the plastic peice on the bottom of the fipk, and surrounding the filter itself with some fiberglass or plastic material to stop hot air from the engine to get in, would it work? or no? pictures of someone with a whisper lid and ssra kit setup would be greatly appreciated if anyone has this.
        o yea and while im at it one more question, do you guys think the hypertech power programmer III(for a 2000 camaro 3.8l) is worth it? are the horsepower gains really around 20?

P.S.thanks for the input on the TBS i wont waste my money

Comment

You could make a box to enclose the fipk but it would be some work if you're up to it. hypertech dyno sheets claim 13 hp with premium gas. take a look at pcmforless.com or some of the mail order tuning sites.

Comment

isn't the ssra kit, just the ram air kit that leads up to the filter anyways, if it is i would just get the whisper lid the SSRA kit, and a high flow filter for inside the lid, and you should be good. As far as the tunner goes, everyone i talked to says hptunners is the best thing for our cars, a little pricey but it allows you to do alot more tunning on your own.

Comment

ill have to see how things go with the fipk. i will proly just get the whisper lid cause it is cheaper, thanks for all the input,
              as for the hp tuner i am definatley not skilled enough to use a program like that. id proly f**k up my car, ill stick to the simple stuff
              again. thanks for the info
              Last edited by blubbachub; 04-30-2007, 07:12 PM.

Comment

hypertech programmers are BS. do not waste your money.

its going to sound ricey in higher rpms no matter what you do.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X