Silencer removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silencer removed

I went to sears hardware looking for pvc pipe to replace the silencer with and I found this rubber tube that came with the metal clamps. It looked perfect for the job. I took some pics of what I did to show you guys to make sure I did it right, and that its not going to blow up my car. I actually hear no sound difference at all, and I was wondering why? lol

2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Silencer removed

Looks good. If you can't hear anything then turn down your radio. j/k don't know, it wont be huge but you should notice a little more sucking sounds
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

looks fine... and you should be able to hear it. You can definately hear it when you open the hood and play with the throttle cable at the throttle body.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

maybe the type of the part you used i hear metal is best.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE1stcamv6
          maybe the type of the part you used i hear metal is best.
          could be if the tubing is thick. I have ductal that is really thin and you can really hear mine. Even though many people said it would eventually mess up, I haven't had one problem and have checked it over and over.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
            could be if the tubing is thick. I have ductal that is really thin and you can really hear mine. Even though many people said it would eventually mess up, I haven't had one problem and have checked it over and over.

The tubing is kind of a thick rubber so that might be why, I dunno, it feels and sounds the same as with the silencer on. I kind of like the look without that big black thing in there though, lol. Im afraid the tubing is going to come apart, but it is on there pretty good and tight. Hmmm contemplating lol
            2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRider
              The tubing is kind of a thick rubber so that might be why, I dunno, it feels and sounds the same as with the silencer on. I kind of like the look without that big black thing in there though, lol. Im afraid the tubing is going to come apart, but it is on there pretty good and tight. Hmmm contemplating lol
              if you can't force it off without straining then it will stay on.

I've had this setup for a few months with no problems at all

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRider
                Im afraid the tubing is going to come apart, but it is on there pretty good and tight. Hmmm contemplating lol
                if your engine is jumping around that much when you drive your car, you have bigger problems than a rubber silencer-bypass

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X