Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quieter Exhaust

Hi Everyone,
    I have a '99 v6 with 3 1/4" exhaust w/high flow cat, headers and a flowmaster muffler.

I guess I'm getting a bit old over the past few years and I'm getting kind of sick of the car having a pretty loud exhaust. What do you guys recommend to tone it down? Should I just replace the flowmaster muffler with maybe a muffler off an SS?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Alex

Re: Quieter Exhaust

Wow.. is your exhaust really 3.25 inches??... intresting

People will probably recommend the following:

-Replace the piping with something narrower.

-Replace the muffler with something quieter (like the SS you suggested)

-Maybe try installing a bullet muffler on the I pipe

-All of the above

-Go back to stock

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I don't want to tear out the whole catback - it's not worth it. I'm thinking just the muffler and we'll see how that goes. How much power should I expect to lose if I replace that Flowmaster with like an OEM SS muffler?

Comment

i just put a stock Z28 exhaust on my car and i love it... i was getting sick of my loud exhaust too, only cost me 80 bucks for an entirely new catback, installation included
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by alexf
          I don't want to tear out the whole catback - it's not worth it. I'm thinking just the muffler and we'll see how that goes. How much power should I expect to lose if I replace that Flowmaster with like an OEM SS muffler?
          Probably not much if anything...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Yeah an SS muffler worked out perfect for me. I loved it but recently went with something louder. This muffler gives off a really nice tone, not to loud but just enough to have fun with. Ended up going with magnaflow so who ever wants my old 2002 SS/ws6 muffler $50obo + shipping

Comment

with exhaust piping that big, I'd take a shot at just sticking a stock muffler on it

Comment

i'm in the same boat. i have cia headers 3" cutout, 2.75 I-pipe flowmaster 80 with slp dual duals, no cat. its loud. and as i get older i'm kinda tired of it.

i was thinking about going back to stock manifolds, high flow cat, and a ss or ws6 take off exhaust.
                2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

why in gods name are you running a 3.25 inch exhaust?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X