Fenderwell CAI block off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenderwell CAI block off

Going to extend my intake down into the fenderwell, going to make a plate or something to block off the hole w/ the intake going thru it...

What should I use to make this plate, and does anyone have any pics of it?

97rs, I looked at your intake setup on cardomain, but it looks like yours is the same as my current setup...do you have any pics of your intake setup like this?
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Re: Fenderwell CAI block off

just take a small sheet of aluminum or other thin, rust proof metal. You want it slightly sturdy so it's not bending when the engine shakes, but it doesn't have to be able to support a whale. Then just cut a round hole just big enough for a peice of pipe to slide through. I'd use a short peice and then weld/silicone it in so you get a nice seal around it. Then hook your filter to the bottom of it, and other pipe/hoses to the top leading to the TB.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I was looking the other day when i installed my ram air scoop thing under there. I've seen some GTP guys that use plexiglas, which looks really cool, but you wouldn't need it for our cars cuz you dont' see it. Any kind of thin material like radracer was saying, but if you want more of a true ram air, you should put the scoop under there like i did, and seal off the whole thing with some wierd shapes and stuff and some silicon and get a cheaper ram air alternative.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ok...I'll use one of those...

have any pics of your setup Gr8
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X