how to get rid of exhaust rattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get rid of exhaust rattle?

anyone know how? my car has a bad exhaust rattle at certain low cruise speeds around 40mph, and nowhere else that is causing me to have false KR. anyone know any ideas to get rid of it? the exhaust isnt hitting anything, it just rattles and causes the car to shake a bit. . maybe there is nothing to get rid of it?
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Re: how to get rid of exhaust rattle?

sure it isnt your motor mounts, not to mention you went cam'd so you ditched your balance shaft. (iassume)

Comment

where about it is coming from? i have one too, at low rpms somewhere in the rear section of the exhuast, on the passenger side.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i cant tell where its coming from. and im 100% positive its not hitting anything. checked the motor mounts and i checked the tranny mount as well... im still stumped.
        Dave:
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

i have the same problem, nothing is loose to my knowledge though. ive had the problem since the day my catback was installed =\
          1999 v6 Camaro M5
          Automatic to Manual converted
          Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
          !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Do you still have a cat on it? If so check the heat shield on it or if a small rock has made its way in the heat shield.
            91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

check the heat sheild on the cat like north cali said also go under your car from the rear and go to the over axle and grab it right after the axle and give it a thrashing to see if it hits anything.

Comment

Sounds like a similar problem I had. It was my cat. It started shortly b4 i replaced the whole exhaust, so it was resolved fairly quickly.

Comment

Seems we all have that problem then.. i figured it was part of my roof assembly that was just rattling....

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                  i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats
                  Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

its not the cat or the heat shield around the cat.
                    Dave:
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Well the only thing that I think it might be if its the exhaust is the over axle pipe. Our cars have a lot of vibration and I'm thinking its the over axle with the heat shield above it. I know my system is different from yours but you can go grab any part of the rear exhaust and thrash it and try to rip it off and it doesn't move a bit but when I ideal sometimes it rattles. Also if you go under there and the pipe moves alittle but doesn't hit anything the heat from the exhaust might be making your pipe expand just enough to make it rattle.

Comment

how to get rid of exhaust rattle?

my dads camaro had the same, problem, we figured out it was just the "honeycomb" type fiter in his cats coming loose and were rattling around, we just waited and let it blow out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X