Cleaning EGR Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning EGR Valve

I just bought a new EGR Valve for my 95 3.4L, when I replace it should I also clean all the ports that lead up to the EGR? if so what should I use or how should I clean it? I don't think its ever been replaced or cleaned.

Re: Cleaning EGR Valve

Originally posted by sjtilney
    I just bought a new EGR Valve for my 95 3.4L, when I replace it should I also clean all the ports that lead up to the EGR? if so what should I use or how should I clean it? I don't think its ever been replaced or cleaned.
    You should have done that, and tried cleaning your old EGR before buying a new one, to see if it would fix it. I did mine, and now it works great!

To clean all my stuff, I used Seafoam Deep Creep. Just spray in and let soak, thats it... Good luck.
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

wheres it at

Comment

whats the best stuff to clean it with?

Comment

Originally posted by woswill
          wheres it at
          It's next to the intake. looks very easy to get to.

Comment

I dont know where its at on the 3.4, but on the 3.8 its to the right of the throttle body.

Seafoam Deep Creep is the best stuff! You can get it at Autozone or Advance. Not a waste of money, you can use it for multiple things. I used to get the SES light everyday, have yet to come on since the cleaning.
            sigpic
            98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9
              I dont know where its at on the 3.4, but on the 3.8 its to the right of the throttle body.

Seafoam Deep Creep is the best stuff! You can get it at Autozone or Advance. Not a waste of money, you can use it for multiple things. I used to get the SES light everyday, have yet to come on since the cleaning.
              Is it worth taking the MAF assy off the motor to really clean it with deep creep?
              I am getting P0102 Low Input codes multiple times. Was getting Bank 1 O2 codes, so I changed it, and that is when the MaF code came on...
              So much black soot comes out the exhaust it is weird, and the car wants to die when slowing to a stop (M-5).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X