Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this correct?

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=21033

It's only $133? How come the K&N one is like $319? If this is correct how hard is it to install the SLP and is it good?

PS. How can I edit my sig?
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Is this correct?

if it says 133 its 133 with K&N your payin for the name like the summit FIPK by K&N is 70 dollars cheaper than the actuall K&N...hope that helps

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

The one your thinking of (K&N) that's 300+ is the system that goes on top. This one from slp goes underneath your airbox and sucks colder air in from underneath your car in front of your rad. If you got this one and put together the cheap air intake, like 10-15, and threw a K&N in the middle you would be gold. The sound difrence alone when you go full throttle will be worth it. It'll sound like a friggin kirby flying down the road.
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
        The one your thinking of (K&N) that's 300+ is the system that goes on top. This one from slp goes underneath your airbox and sucks colder air in from underneath your car in front of your rad. If you got this one and put together the cheap air intake, like 10-15, and threw a K&N in the middle you would be gold. The sound difrence alone when you go full throttle will be worth it. It'll sound like a friggin kirby flying down the road.

SO if bought the SLP, I would still have to buy a K&N filter?
        2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

A lot of time you can find a deal where they are together. There is couple sites that sell those kits. If not then for less than 200 you can get the SLP kit, a k&n by itself and the el cheapo intake.

Comment

A lot of time you can find a deal where they are together. There is couple sites that sell those kits. If not then for less than 200 you can get the SLP kit, a k&n by itself and the el cheapo intake.

I hate to keep nagging you guys, but I have no clue wtf Im doing. I wanna "make" a cheap intake myself. So far I think I grasped that I have to remove the silencer and just get a piece of pipe to replace it. Also I know I should replace the filter I have with a K&N filter. Would doing that be effective? Or should I be doing more. Thanks
            2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Replace the air silencer with a pipe, pvc or metal. Replace the filter with a K&N or high flow flat filter. Install the SLP cold air kit and cut out the bottom section of the air intake assembly, it's in the directions. You won't see monumental gains maybe 4-6 horses but the sound improvement will be more than worth it.

Comment

Replace the air silencer with a pipe, pvc or metal. Replace the filter with a K&N or high flow flat filter. Install the SLP cold air kit and cut out the bottom section of the air intake assembly, it's in the directions. You won't see monumental gains maybe 4-6 horses but the sound improvement will be more than worth it.

Ok that makes a little more sense. Thanks
                2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X