Ebay ChromeIntakes Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay ChromeIntakes Question

I was looking at the chromeintakes cai's on ebay and i was wondering if hydrolock would be a problem with those intakes. It is a full system that goes directly into the throttle body. I realize i will get what I pay for but I dont wanna spend 200+ on an slp. I just dont wanna have to garage my car when it rains so that I dont ruin the engine. If it is a possibility I will just go with the short ram intake that chromeintakes also sells.
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    Last edited by 96Chameleon; 04-15-2007, 01:04 PM.

Re: Ebay ChromeIntakes Question

I have a 'chrome intakes' from ebay...they have many different setups ranging from the filter and like 3" of tubing, to a full tb-fenderwell intake...and make sure you get a K&N Filter

post a link
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

unless you go through a 1-2ft puddle a lot you will be fine. It tucks down into the plastic cubby hole in the fender, still has plastic under it to block water.

The slp intake goes down into the same area as well
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
        unless you go through a 1-2ft puddle a lot you will be fine. It tucks down into the plastic cubby hole in the fender, still has plastic under it to block water
        srry, off topic, i can you just extend the intake and put the filter simply into the cubby, or is there a certain position it should be within the cubby?
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

na, you can add piping to put it into the cubby hole. To make it even better, make a plate to seal off the cubby hole from the engine bay. then you will have totally cold air coming in
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            na, you can add piping to put it into the cubby hole. To make it even better, make a plate to seal off the cubby hole from the engine bay. then you will have totally cold air coming in
            it's a plan...thanks man
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I had this setup on my 2000 malibu and never had a problem with water. Even during hard rains and puddles. If you are in water deep enough to hydrolock your engine then you shouldn't be driving anyways.
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Here is the one I was looking at :
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96...mZ230109119416

Comment

I have one and it works great. I've driven the car in rain, snow, the works. 203,000 miles and still kicking ***.
                    \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

I have a Chrome intakes setup. It isn't with the original K&N, in fact I like the filter they sent instead. It has chrome intakes embossed into the base of the filter. I put mine in the cubby hole w/o any extra pipes. Put the filter in the hole from the bottom. Good seller too!!

Comment

only thing i dont like bout mine is the kool noise went away :(

Comment

Pffft.. Mine still sounds cool. You can still hear it sucking even after I had the Pacesetter's and magnaflow Y back installed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X